Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever received a personal letter from a celebrity or from one of your heroes?

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I once received a personal letter from Micky Adams on Leciester City notepaper in response to my letter wishing him the best of luck in his new job and thanking him for restoring our pride in our team. I also received a personal letter from Big Ron when I wrote thanking him for a great evenings entertainment at the Goldstone, watching us spend 90 minutes chasing shadows against Sheffield Wednesday. We lost 4:0 that night.

Over to you........

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Yeah, I wrote to Steve Gritt thanking him for saving us from doom. I got a lovely letter back from him thanking me for my kind words. I still have it. I remember being thrilled at his response. I also got a postcard from John Peel (Gary Davies was on the postcard!) after I sent him a letter asking him where my Butthole Surfers 7" competition prize was that I'd won on his radio show a month or two earlier. It came with the aforementioned prize. I still have the vinyl, lost the postcard though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although not fitting into this thread, it's the closest I'm going to get, as certainly not worthy of one on it's own:-

[tweet]311009370622287872 [/tweet]

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Have you ever received a personal letter from a celebrity or from one of your...

If you're into mountaineering, you might be impressed that I got a personal letter from Sir Chris Bonington, a postcard from Stephen Venables and that I sold an expedition t-shirt for my expedition to Doug Scott (don't tell him Bonington got one for free!). All three of these gentlemen have climbed Everest.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Have you ever received a personal letter from a celebrity or from one of your h

Heard a rumour that Bozza had a card from The Queen ;)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, I wrote to Steve Gritt thanking him for saving us from doom. I got a lovely letter back from him thanking me for my kind words. I still have it. I remember being thrilled at his response. I also got a postcard from John Peel (Gary Davies was on the postcard!) after I sent him a letter asking him where my Butthole Surfers 7" competition prize was that I'd won on his radio show a month or two earlier. It came with the aforementioned prize. I still have the vinyl, lost the postcard though.

I also got a nice letter from Steve Gritt, after I wrote to him wishing him the best of luck for the future and how I felt he had been treated by the Albion.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sir Patrick Moore confirming that astronomy and cricket were noble pursuits

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
No, but my daughter has. About 5 years ago, when she was studying medicine in London, one of my daughter's tutors said that he knew Tim Curry of Rocky Horror picture Show fame, and that he was going to meet him for dinner that evening. A couple of days later, next time she saw the tutor, he gave her a card and a note that Tim Curry had written to her. The tutor had mentioned my daughter, and had talked about her as well, because she is a bit special (i Know I am biased, but she is), and Tim Curry was moved to write what a special person she sounded, and to wish her all the best in the future.... Top Guy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here