Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Sports Commentator Ever

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Football......................................TV...Barry Davies...........Radio....Peter Jones
Cricket.......................................TV...Richie Benaud.........Radio....John Arlott
Rugby Union................................TV...Bill McLaren............Radio....Ian Robertson
Rugby League..............................TV...Ray French.............
Athletics.....................................TV...David Coleman........Radio.....Max Robertson
Boxing........................................TV...Harry Carpenter......Radio.....Eamonn Andrews
Horse Racing................................TV..Peter O'Sullevan......Radio.....Peter Bromley
Golf............................................TV..Peter Alliss.............Radio.....Bob Bubka
Skiing..........................................TV..David Vine
Skating/Ice Hockey/Swimming..........TV..Alan Weekes
Darts...........................................TV..Sid Waddell
Tennis..........................................TV..Dan Maskell..........Radio.....Max Robertson

Best Overall...Peter O'Sullevan.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Bill McLaren on rugby and Peter Alliss on golf, but I think Bill just shades it.

Totally agree on both counts. I have never been a rugby fan in particular, but Bill Maclaren always seemed to be totally on top of everything - incisive and entertaining as well.

And peter Alliss is a good combination of wit and knowledge. You know he has been there and done that and knows what he is talking about.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I love Brian Moore the Rugby Commentator and ex England/Harlequins hooker.

He is pessimistic, always in a grump and a real stickler for the rules (especially the nuances of scrum laws, which he seems to know better than most referees). But, he is equally derisive of both sides, and his grumpyness never fails to make me smile.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Brian Moore, top presenter too. I met him once. Great bloke, loved football. His two great and unfulfilled ambitions were to commentate on England in a World Cup final and Gillingham in the Premier League.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Used to love listening to Hugh Johns . Probably not the best ever but my favourite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here