Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke City away support @ Newcastle.

Feb 3, 2013
BFA3cigCAAARiZy.jpg-large.jpeg

Is this what our away support will be like if we reach the premiership?

Feb 3, 2013
Tell me your thoughts on the matter?

Probably be like Wigan to be honest after a couple of seasons. The first season then we'd take our full allocation but the novelty will soon wear off and we'll be come like Fulham, Wigan.

If stoke take that amount then dam sure we wouldn't take more.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If that's intended to be some kind of poke at Stoke, I think people are perhaps being a little unfair.

The price of football is going up and up, even more so in the Premier League, and people are getting to the point where they are picking and choosing games. Why shouldn't they? If Albion games were going to cost me forty or fifty quid to watch, I sure as hell wouldn't be there every week. I simply couldn't afford it. Newcastle is a bit of a hike from anywhere, and Stoke play them every season so there's no excitement factor.

Feb 3, 2013
If that's intended to be some kind of poke at Stoke, I think people are perhaps being a little unfair.

The price of football is going up and up, even more so in the Premier League, and people are getting to the point where they are picking and choosing games. Why shouldn't they? If Albion games were going to cost me forty or fifty quid to watch, I sure as hell wouldn't be there every week. I simply couldn't afford it. Newcastle is a bit of a hike from anywhere, and Stoke play them every season so there's no excitement factor.

I wasn't having a dig at Stoke fans but was merely asking if we'll be like that with our away support after a season or two, if we reach the prem.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, it will be. Maybe not at first but the novelty of being in the Prem will wear off VERY quickly and fans' attitudes will soon change from "Woo hoo we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE!" to "We should be beating teams like Villa." Even in the first season if we're struggling people will say "I'm not going all the way to Newcastle to watch us lose, not after last week against Wigan and not at those prices." You can see the beginnings of this now, I can't believe how many posts I see saying "We should be in the play-offs with the squad we've got" as if mere fact the squad is better than last year's means it's automatically play-off quality. The fact we don't exist in isolation and that other teams have also invested (and invested a lot more) in their squads doesn't even register. Football fans are very very stupid and very very fickle and Brighton fans are no different. We won't maintain our current away numbers in the Prem unless we're pressing for a Champions' League spot.

Yes, it will be. Maybe not at first but the novelty of being in the Prem will wear off VERY quickly and fans' attitudes will soon change from "Woo hoo we're in the PREMIER LEAGUE!" to "We should be beating teams like Villa." Even in the first season if we're struggling people will say "I'm not going all the way to Newcastle to watch us lose, not after last week against Wigan and not at those prices." You can see the beginnings of this now, I can't believe how many posts I see saying "We should be in the play-offs with the squad we've got" as if mere fact the squad is better than last year's means it's automatically play-off quality. The fact we don't exist in isolation and that other teams have also invested (and invested a lot more) in their squads doesn't even register. Football fans are very very stupid and very very fickle and Brighton fans are no different. We won't maintain our current away numbers in the Prem unless we're pressing for a Champions' League spot.

:ffsparr::laugh::laugh::nono:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I remember going to a cup game at Highbury in the early 80's

about the same numbers as Stoke there

had a little strip behind the goal in the Clock End,Arsenal either side

apart from the 30 or so that got kicked out of the North bank :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably the best post I've ever read on NSC. I agree completely.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Probably be like Wigan to be honest after a couple of seasons. The first season then we'd take our full allocation but the novelty will soon wear off and we'll be come like Fulham, Wigan.

If stoke take that amount then dam sure we wouldn't take more.

Wigan? our away following like Wigan? i don't think so......what an insult.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I heard a Stoke fan on the radio talking about how there poor away form and style of football is killing off what used to be a very large and loud away support.

Personally the money issue would see me cut down even further if we reached the promised land on away games. £50 plus to watch us get thrashed at Chelsea ect isn't so tempting.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you look at our away support last time we were in the top flight, it sold out in the first season as people wanted to see the new grounds, but then quickly collapsed. There were games when we took no more than 100.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Probably the best post I've ever read on NSC. I agree completely.

As do I. Fantastic post. Numbers will naturally stall when the first season factor wears off.

Hopefully we will prove this point in the near future.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Being a Stoke fan must be a very depressing experience.

No chance of making Champions League.

No chance of getting relegated.

Nothing to play for unless they go on a Cup run, which is very unlikely as Pulis plays weakened teams in the League Cup (and also did in their one season in Europe iirc)

Dull horrible football to watch every week.

And to top it all they live in a shitty city.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here