• Option E (please detail)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly, I'm making no promises to do anything at all based on the outcome of this poll, but I'm canvassing opinion anyway.

This poll is more comprehensive than the last one which was horribly misunderstood by many.

How should we treat away fans, which are predominantly from Palace, on NSC?

Option A

As soon as a user is identified as being an away fan, either when they join or shortly after, they are restricted to posting in a new 'away end' sub-forum. They can never post in the main forum.

All existing away fans, regardless of how decent they are, are also restricted to being to post only in the 'away end'.

Albion NSCers who wish to engage in banter, will have to post in the 'away end' in order to do so. They can, of course, still post in the main forum.

Option B

A user who is identified as an away fan is given the benefit of the doubt and is allowed to post on the main forum when they join. However, as soon as they make a single post that can be considered to be inflammatory/trolling they are restricted to posting in a new 'away end' sub-forum.

The same benefit of the doubt will be extended to existing away fans on NSC, but they will face the same restriction if they troll.

Albion NSCers who wish to engage in banter, will have to post in the 'away end' in order to do so. They can, of course, still post in the main forum.

Option C

A user who is identified as an away fan is given the benefit of the doubt and is allowed to post on the main forum when they join. If however, they make a post that can be considered to be inflammatory/trolling they will be given a first and last warning. If they make a second similar post, they are restricted to posting in a new 'away end' sub-forum.

The same benefit of the doubt will be extended to existing away fans on NSC, but they will face the same restriction if they troll twice.

Option D

No pre-judging is made on a user based on who they support. If, however, Albion specific threads are sidelined or inflammatory new threads are started, an infraction is issued. As is the case with every other NSCer, multiple infractions automatically convert into posting bans of increasing length.

Those who join and are immediately abusive are permanently banned.

There is no 'away end' sub-forum.

This, in essence, is how things are handled currently.

Option E

Something else - let us know your suggestion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
W'hoo! 100% on my selection!

EDIT: Not any more. :cry:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A pls. Simply become too much with the palace ones popping up on every thread. I want to sometimes discuss our rivals with fellow Albion fans without getting a load of deluded nonsense from 5 diff palarse. Enough is enough.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I like the threads like " Blackburn fan here in peace" and similar threads so wouldn't want to have to go to a different place for thatsort of stuff. I only evergo on the big board and in fact only discovered "other stuff" a few days ago after a thread I posted in ended up there.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anything but D makes us the same petty emotional cripples as BBS members.

They can be bloody annoying but opposing voices are the source of some lively debates on here.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
C. Gives them a chance to be respected posters on here but if they be a prat, then they get banished to the away end.

I'm all for giving each person an equal number of opportunities to mess up; if they do then it's their own fault.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think a trialing of Option B would make sense, if that's possible. I'd also allow away-fan posters who continually engage in interesting and non-abusive posts in the away end to have their posting privileges upgraded so that they can join the debate on The Big Board.

I'd say it's worth a trial if the time involved to set it up wasn't outrageous. There's a chance it'd stifle debate and people would rather go back to how we have it now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Option C please. However, calling it the 'away end' would be misleading. Call it the 'Rivalry' forum as it's for fans of all persuasions.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
D.

There's nothing wrong with NSC as it is. Certain Albion posters are far worse than the large majority of Palace on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
C

This would keep the those who like to join in, but rid us of the deluded, tedious, repetitive no-marks.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I like C. There are some decent away fans posting on here, and yes some are even palace fans. I think that not just banishing away fans to an away end raises our forum above b.b.s and others like it. But I do get peed off with palace trolls who flirt around the edges of acceptable behaviour and just about get away with it. So a two strikes and your out to the away end rule sounds perfect.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
D.

There's nothing wrong with NSC as it is. Certain Albion posters are far worse than the large majority of Palace on here.

Aren't those last two sentences at odds with each other?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I bet some of the palace who are particularly sad have voted in the poll. Be warned Bozza! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here