Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie back for 2 weeks?

Keir1234

Banned
Jun 1, 2011
Just been told by a palace fan that seems to think they know Holloway and claims he said this to him.. that Dobbie is coming back to us for 2 weeks as that was part of the deal if we needed him and then he's going back to Palace? Can this happen? Don't know whether to believe it, they're now worrying he will score against them.. so confused

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Do you really think this is even remotely possible? Or that he'd be welcome here?

Dobbie is a Palace player. He won't come back, ever. And good riddance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm pretty sure people are getting too hung up on this 'loan' word. It's a perm deal purely put through a s loan cos of the 3 clubs in a season rule. Can't see this happening it's v weird...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes. It will happen. Dobbin will come back on the same day as monkeys fly out of my arse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's something to do with his loan, going through to the end of the play-offs.

For that to happen the loan gets 'cancelled' :wink: for a 2 week period.

Under no circumstances will that 2 week period involve SD coming back down south.

Keir1234

Banned
Jun 1, 2011
Well all I can say is you heard it here first if he does! WHEY, everyones ****ing moany on here, does my head in. Obviously I thought it wouldn't be possible but for a palace fan to be shitting his self about dobbie scoring against them, just seemed slightly weird

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Exactly what I heard, except I heard he was coming back to us just to play against Palace, then we were sending him back there again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just been told by a palace fan that seems to think they know Holloway and claims he said this to him.. that Dobbie is coming back to us for 2 weeks as that was part of the deal if we needed him and then he's going back to Palace? Can this happen? Don't know whether to believe it, they're now worrying he will score against them.. so confused

Yes he is.

It is a sneaky move to extend the loan - which can only be 93 days in total - to include the playoff semi finals.

The 2 weeks he is back includes next Sunday, and the International break.

However, I imagine there is a gentleman's agreement stopping us selecting him on St Patrick's Day.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So a player who is ours, on loan to a play-off rival with a view to perm transfer, can't play for that rival against his parent club, is going to come back and play his heart out against his future employers with the possibility of denting their automatic promotion chances.

That and the fact that despite his pedigree, he never really had a good game for us.

Must be true then!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The only thing we want back from Palace where Dobbie is concerned is a healthy amount of cash. As for the player himself, they are more than welcome to him.

Feb 12, 2013
Palace have agreed to sign him for 350k in the summer. The loan is purely, as someone has already said, because he couldn't join permanently because of the 3 club rule. Due to the fact he has agreed to sign, I believe that a recall option cannot be placed in the loan contract - thus making him ineligible for a return

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bring him back to play against Palace and to score the winning goal...

He will then lift up his BHA shirt to reveal a tshirt saying "always a Seagull, never an Eagle" on the front and "#prayforbarnes" on the back in front of all the palace fans.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Bring him back to play against Palace and to score the winning goal...

He will then lift up his BHA shirt to reveal a tshirt saying "always a Seagull, never an Eagle" on the front and "#prayforbarnes" on the back in front of all the palace fans.
Followed up by his best Cantona impression on their most mouthy supporter.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
No matter how desperate we are I never want to see that carthorse in an Albion shirt again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well all I can say is you heard it here first if he does! WHEY, everyones ****ing moany on here, does my head in. Obviously I'm a bit thick but I felt the need to start a thread, bearing in mind that this had been discussed 100s of times in the last week on NSC. thought it wouldn't be possible but (I still felt compelled to start a thread) for a palace fan to be shitting his self about dobbie scoring against them, just seemed slightly weird

Slight amendment for you Keir, carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here