Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we do worse with Vicente on the pitch?

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
As much as playing Vicente is great fun and we like to talk about how good he is... it seems that whenever he plays we do worse...

Does anyone know what our avg points per game is with him starting and not starting? I can't be bothered to work it out but have a gut feel it won't be in his favour?

I wonder if he makes us play a nice open game that is fun to watch but leaves us too open to concede.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
As much as playing Vicente is great fun and we like to talk about how good he is... it seems that whenever he plays we do worse...

Does anyone know what our avg points per game is with him starting and not starting? I can't be bothered to work it out but have a gut feel it won't be in his favour?

I wonder if he makes us play a nice open game that is fun to watch but leaves us too open to concede.

Seems to me that Vicente is the type of player that is extremely good home but is of no use away as he tends to go missing.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
he goes down far too easy when someone goes in with a tackle on him and he think he will get a free kick all the time he might get free kick in spain but he wont get that much in the championship

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given there are 10 other players in the team it's not as simple as when he starts verses when he doesn't.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He doesn't seem to get more than a 5 in the player ratings threads when away from home.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agree with a few other posters on this thread Vicente thrives at the Amex but struggles at away games I think the bigger pitch at home + crowd behind him and teams setting up more defensive at the Amex ( giving him more time & space on ball )as opposed to teams attacking us away resulting in him doing more defensive duties
Vicente is defiantly a Homer

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Away from home our players tend to get ran through a lot which obviously doesn't help us. Vincente in particular likes a little more time on the ball and he just doesn't get that. Personally, I'd just use him as a second half sub.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here