Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt - No goals

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Obviously it's not important but everyone normally gets at least one goal per season.

He hasn't had one this season and last season, well I suppose Liverpool away...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This and his final ball are why he is still with us,don't get me wrong i love him,so much so that he is the first central midfield player in my 25 years of watching that is my favorite Albion player.

He is class and will play in the top division soon.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
When he first signed for us, Gary Dicker scored a few long-distance goals and had a stinging shot. Nowadays he looks absolutely terrified whenever the prospect of a sight on goal comes along and gives the ball to someone else. Bridcutt never shot too much I spose, but his 2 goals for us have proven what a great shot he has - yet he now seems to never shoot either (although he curled one quite tamely at the keeper yesterday). I think the CM's are just so encouraged to go wide with the ball in our system.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Is it Bridcutt that is your version of Zaha?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Is it Bridcutt that is your version of Zaha?

Yes, our best defensive midfielder is EXACTLY like your best winger/striker.

Buckley is the closest player we have to Zaha, although Buckley has lost his confidence lately for some reason. Hopefully he'll get it back in time for Sunday.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Yes, our best defensive midfielder is EXACTLY like your best winger/striker.

Buckley is the closest player we have to Zaha, although Buckley has lost his confidence lately for some reason. Hopefully he'll get it back in time for Sunday.

Ah, fair play. I got the names mixed up. Buckley, indeed, is the one I was thinking about. Strange I hadn't heard much about him lately but I am pleased to hear he has lost his confidence. I'm sure Wilf wouldn't miss it if he let him have some of his!

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Ah, fair play. I got the names mixed up. Buckley, indeed, is the one I was thinking about. Strange I hadn't heard much about him lately but I am pleased to hear he has lost his confidence. I'm sure Wilf wouldn't miss it if he let him have some of his!

I'd say LuaLua is more like Wilf, just LuaLua has a better shot whereas Wilf is better at dribbling and he isn't overweight

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not concerned, he is not in the side for his goals is he. We have enough creative players who should be finding the net

I am not concerned but i do ask the question-system or player,he should/it would be better all round to be able to chip in with 5 a season at least?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I'd say LuaLua is more like Wilf, just LuaLua has a better shot whereas Wilf is better at dribbling and he isn't overweight

It will be a great match, that's for sure. Can't wait!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mark McGhee just been bigging up Liam on Sky Sports News. Future of Scotland team and "never seen him have a bad game"

Dec 29, 2011
I am not concerned but i do ask the question-system or player,he should/it would be better all round to be able to chip in with 5 a season at least?

At least 5 goals? Are you crazy? Barnes barely has 5 goals and he plays wide/upfront. If Bridcutt gets 0 goals a season I wouldn't care. The guy is our best player, an absolute joy to watch and when he plays well my ticket seems good value for money.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
At least 5 goals? Are you crazy? Barnes barely has 5 goals and he plays wide/upfront. If Bridcutt gets 0 goals a season I wouldn't care. The guy is our best player, an absolute joy to watch and when he plays well my ticket seems good value for money.

In order to be a top 2 side Midfielders would have to contribute too was all is was pointing out

Dandyman

In London village.
33 League appearances this season and excellent in most of them.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When he first signed for us, Gary Dicker scored a few long-distance goals and had a stinging shot. Nowadays he looks absolutely terrified whenever the prospect of a sight on goal comes along and gives the ball to someone else. Bridcutt never shot too much I spose, but his 2 goals for us have proven what a great shot he has - yet he now seems to never shoot either (although he curled one quite tamely at the keeper yesterday). I think the CM's are just so encouraged to go wide with the ball in our system.

Gary Dicker never scored a few long distance strikes, I'm not sure who you watch week in week out but it certainly can't be Brighton.

He scored one great goal against Exeter but I can't remember Dicker scoring long distance strikes at all, unless it's just me..

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Where have you pointed out being a top two side requires five goals from Bridcutt? You're making this up as you go along!

As others have posted, if he never scores for Brighton I wouldn't care, because his contribution to the game is outstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here