Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we don't pick up 3 points against Barnsley. Are you concerned......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
That our play off aspirations are over?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As good as over

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Problem is, if you're going away from our last two games confident and optimistic, then the reality is different I'm afraid. It's one thing reaching the play-offs, but if we are unable to beat teams like Bolton and Bristol City, I don't hold out much hope of us making it to the Premiership. It's one thing to finish in the top 6, but to go on and actually win the Play-off Final is what we should be thinking about and aiming for, and if we don't win on Tuesday, it's unlikely we'll have what it takes to get into the play-offs, let alone achieve promotion to the top flight.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In theory, one point from the next two games could keep us in 6th on GD over 4 other teams all on 57 points. Just need Hull to beat Forest at home (Forest are the team I predicted 2 months back as our only threat). Or we could be 10th and slipping. Still a long way to go but we must beat Forest & Boro away to have any chance.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
They won't be over even if we lose, we'd still be a point off with 9 games to play!

Innit. I blame teaching standards for people to believe that with so many games to play and such a minute numerical difference that our chances are over. Too many experienced professionals in the side to buckle i like to think. The Palace game creates the jitters in many of us i am sure, but we have a way to go before we're written off and Barnsley away is not the decider.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
10 games to go,a defeat would mean back to back losses,just as we looked like finding form again,much now hinges on mind set,every game from here on in will be tougher than normal,other teams that seem to be strolling can come unstuck,including Palace.

Would not be surprised if we lose at Barnsley and beat Palace. 3 point from 2 games will tick us over.

Ps: also if we keep things tight we still have a healthy GD for the shake up,possibly worth an extra point on the final day.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Concerned - yes. Going to give up or start moaning - no.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't think we'll get anything at Barnsley if we don't up our game from the last two perfromances as for the Palace game - I think their players will be much more up for it than ours, not sure why i think that i just see the belief has disapeared at the moment.

I still dont see playoffs hope completely gone as that 6th place will be up for grabs till the last game plus Leicester are also on the wobble.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
tuesday is massive and we need the 3points and we need a win going into to biggest game of the season against the scum crystal palace on sunday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we don't get anything at Barnsley, yes, it will be a very bad result. It won't end our play-off hopes, but will dent them a bit - we're at the point of the season where momentum is very important, and two defeats on the trot is not the sort of momentum we need.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Problem is, if you're going away from our last two games confident and optimistic, then the reality is different I'm afraid. It's one thing reaching the play-offs, but if we are unable to beat teams like Bolton and Bristol City, I don't hold out much hope of us making it to the Premiership. It's one thing to finish in the top 6, but to go on and actually win the Play-off Final is what we should be thinking about and aiming for, and if we don't win on Tuesday, it's unlikely we'll have what it takes to get into the play-offs, let alone achieve promotion to the top flight.

Disagree. All bets are off once you are in the play offs. They are insane - there is no logic to the playoffs. Case in point, 2004, Brighton were awful in all three play off games (two v Swindon, and the final v Bristol C), and yet we ended up going up - somehow. The better sides do not necessarily win the play offs. Its all about being there, and then just riding the ride to see what happens. If we get in the top six, anything can happen. Weve seen it time and time again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here