Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So ladies and gentlemen, the game is nearly upon us, and it has the makings of a cracker. Both teams could be top 6, there is so much at stake, and it wont be one for the faint hearted.
With no bookings yesterday, we will be at full strength, but you will be at least 2 forwards light,maybe a couple of loans may arrive ?

Both managers can get aminated on the touch line, and I can see Ollie taking a fair bit of stick from your lot!
What will Murrays reception be like? A few claps and a few boos no doubt, but the atmosphere should be electric.

So what's your opinion about the outcome of the game ? I honestly can't see us losing, we do look a solid team to play against, but you do have flair players who can cause any team problems. I'm going for a 1-1 , with Murray getting our goal, with a few tasty tackles and bookings thrown in.

Hope it's a good day out for everyone, and everyone gets home safely :thumbsup:

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Fair analysis Se20. I can see a draw also. Murray won't get any boos from me. He should still be with us but big mistake from Gus. The atmosphere will be fabulous with the 27k crowd.

Interesting to see if we get anyone up front on loan. Two out for the season and Barnes being thick yesterday.

At least your fans won't get the same treatment from the Met's finest when we visit. Stay safe.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone who says "I can't see us losing" clearly has absolutely no knowledge or experience of football. It's a derby ffs, anything could happen and it's impossible to predict.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Anyone who says "I can't see us losing" clearly has absolutely no knowledge or experience of football. It's a derby ffs, anything could happen and it's impossible to predict.

It's not a prediction, it's my opinion.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
So ladies and gentlemen, the game is nearly upon us, and it has the makings of a cracker. Both teams could be top 6, there is so much at stake, and it wont be one for faint hearted.
With no bookings yesterday, we will be at full strength, but you will be at least 2 forwards light,maybe a couple of loans may arrive ?

Both managers can get aminated on the touch line, and I can see Ollie taking a fair bit of stick from your lot!
What will Murrays reception be like? A few claps and a few boos no doubt, but the atmosphere should be electric.

So what's your opinion about the outcome of the game ? I honestly can't see us losing, we do look a solid team to play against, but you do have flair players who can cause any team problems. I'm going for a 1-1 , with Murray getting our goal, with a few tasty tackles and bookings thrown in.

Hope it's a good day out for everyone, and everyone gets home safely :thumbsup:

Can`t see us beating you to be honest ,you can compare our team to a guard dog that has no teeth

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fair assessment, I'll gladly take a 1-1 all day long although I'd love to win it's tricky to see that happening at the moment with our lack of punch up top and too many defensive players in the line up, I cannot stomach a defeat.

I reckon one, or possibly both of the managers will be sent to the stands as neither know when to keep their mouths shut or know how to back down even when they are wrong.

I shall soundly boo Murray but boy do we miss him and I'd love him back, hopefully Upson can keep him quiet, he's been immense lately!

Key battle: Bridcutt v Williams, if anyone can keep that tricky little bugger quiet it will be Bridcutt.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Looking forward to it, can see plenty of goals tbh,! Going for a 3-2 Albion win, expect a cracking atmosphere.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A week is a long time in football,lets hope Palace roll into town all laid back and expecting to win,Brighton are overdue a result vs The Eagles-

Strange things can happen,who knows a Home win 5-0?

It will be tough and another Palace victory does not bear thinking about

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It will be tough and another Palace victory does not bear thinking about

Very much this. Slightly nervous about this one. We are certainly capable of a good win, at our best there's not a team in this division I fear. Which ever way you look at this season so far it is undeniable that our lack of fire power up front has cost us, and I fear that may be the same on Sunday.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
we will create chances early on, if we take them and get ahead so settle the players nerves, I can see 2-1 to us - that said, if we do a blackburn and outplay them off the park but don't score first, I can, pains me as it does, see them nicking a goal and then holding on - we better hope Zaha doesn't get 1 on 1 with Adam EA as you can almost see a penalty now if he attempts to manhandle or block him off the ball. if don't win then I'd take 1-1 and be more than happy with that, if we get 0 points from this game I think our hopes of a strong finish will be gone. Let's hope GP knows this needs to be a game played with attack in mind as the crowd will be a vital 12th man in the times when Palace will inevitably be going full out at our goal!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
we will create chances early on, if we take them and get ahead so settle the players nerves, I can see 2-1 to us - that said, if we do a blackburn and outplay them off the park but don't score first, I can, pains me as it does, see them nicking a goal and then holding on - we better hope Zaha doesn't get 1 on 1 with Adam EA as you can almost see a penalty now if he attempts to manhandle or block him off the ball. if don't win then I'd take 1-1 and be more than happy with that, if we get 0 points from this game I think our hopes of a strong finish will be gone. Let's hope GP knows this needs to be a game played with attack in mind as the crowd will be a vital 12th man in the times when Palace will inevitably be going full out at our goal!

With the way Holloway sets up the ream, I can't see us sitting back and defending. With Zaha, Bolaise, Williams,and possibly Moritz in the middle, it's a very attack minded team,

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Unfortunately Palace are playing with width, pace and purpose this season and have a striker who's getting on the end of everything. (Where the **** did they find him?) They are winning so many penalties not because there is some sort of conspiracy amongst the officials, but because they are constantly bombing into the box and forcing defenders to make poor decisions.

Whilst we tend to be slow to get into games, have a ponderous build-up and lack a cutting edge at present we are quite miserly in defence. On this basis I would say 1-1 or possibly 0-0. However, I think the inevitably Murray-baiting will give him added purpose and I can see him getting another 2, if not 3 goals next Sunday.

Albion 1-3 Palace.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cannot see us winning however I hope I am proved wrong.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Thankfully you have a long trip to Barnsley before this game whereas we have a whole week to prepare without distractions. I hope this will work in our favour. Without doubt, you are (begrudgingly) a good side and are capable of scraping into the play-offs. However, I am pleased you employ morons. Barnes is my favourite Weed player!
It will be a cracking game and I can't wait but whatever the result, I don't think it will eclipse last year! I am slightly worried about Ulloa, seriously worried about Vicente, but that's only if he hasn't broken a toenail or something and can't play.
It will be a cracker. 2-3 Palace.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Palace don't travel well,we could surprise.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Ooooo I can't wait, be my first match of the season, and my first time in the North Stand :clap: I feel like a kid at Christmas time, getting the three points really would be the icing on the cake. The best things is there really is a hell of a lot at stake for both teams, and both are having decent runs of form, so it could go either way. We may be a striker light, but then we do have home advantage, so...?:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here