Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up if you love Ashley Barnes

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
some people who werent even at the game and are basing their opinions on some grainy youtube footage are being very hasty over calls to 'SACK' Barnes. my hand is not the only thing thats UP for young Ashley

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
some people who werent even at the game and are basing their opinions on some grainy youtube footage are being very hasty over calls to 'SACK' Barnes. my hand is not the only thing thats UP for young Ashley

That's the spirit Benjamin! Singing aye aye Ashley Ashley Barnes.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I thought we wanted more personalities in the game. Trying to trip the ref = comedy genius. Ashley, you're my hero :thumbsup:

IF he tried to trip the ref, that's the sort of 'personality' we definitely don't want in the game.

A hero for getting himself banned again at a crucial time in the season when we already have two strikers out for the season?

Grow up.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was a converter, but in my opinion, if gus defends him again, it's shocking, I'm not saying sell him, as he is young, but Jesus Christ, calm yourself and be a team player

I personally hope Gus goes on one of his loopy media missions and suggests Barnes for the next Pope. What a very dull world we'd live in without nutters like those two. Makes me glad they're part of our story.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
IF he tried to trip the ref, that's the sort of 'personality' we definitely don't want in the game.

A hero for getting himself banned again at a crucial time in the season when we already have two strikers out for the season?

Grow up.

:yawn:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

But the OP's 'hero' accolade is based on accepting that Ashley DID do it! Which scenario do you want?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've been more than happy supporting Barnes, both as an individual and part of the bet football team I've watched in over 30 years. Two completely stupid and unprofessional red cards close together is exasperating for me, as it is for fans generally, and must be huge disappointment to the management team as well.

I'm prepared to judge him by how he recovers from this. We're going to need him before this season is over. He just needs to stop his frustration getting the better of him and concentrate on continuing the remarkable progression we have already seen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a fan of his but he really does need to get help over his oh so regular red mist moments

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
IF he really did it......or did the ref stumble on his own? I could understand dissent, but this is ludicrous ,especially in the last minutes of the game.

I have a hunch that the ref will calm down and the card will be cancelled

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Im a fanof Barnes... I think he does a good job out there. I do think he is a bit rash sometimes, but he's a far better player than some of the haters make out. His sending off v Wednesday was poor though - jumped into the tackle having lost his rag. And now this. I really dont know whether he accidentally collided with the ref... I cant tell from the piece shown on here. Why would a player think "Teehee, I'll trip the ref up, what larks?!" ? That would be insane.

He needs to curb his temper a bit - but calls for him to be sacked etc are way over the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here