Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of Ashley Barnes' sending off at Bolton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well... he hardly seems to be in the ref's face.

And it does look as though he nearly tripped the ref up.

But the ref says it was for 'Foul and Abusive Language'.

Hmmm.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Case closed m'lud.

He clearly extends a petulant trip as the no doubt pompous referee runs past. Literally no excuse and I expect he will face a very lengthy ban as perhaps, and clearly i'm guessing here, he felt it necessary to verbally joust with the official post incident.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh my God :(

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
He Clearly does nothing of the sort... what use is this? You cant see, or hear anything to do with the sending off on this.... WTF?

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
FFS - Weve had Rio ****ing Ferdinand aggressively clapping his hands in a refs face this week, with no action taken....this is just taking the piss!"!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Video Of sending off

Complete stupidity, we now have to deal with a new striker who hasn't fully settled yet and isn't fully match fit for 4 games.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He Clearly does nothing of the sort... what use is this? You cant see, or hear anything to do with the sending off on this.... WTF?

Are you genuinely saying that you can't see him trip the ref with a sly flick of his boot?

The ref stumbles, but doesn't go down a la Alcock (where Di Canio, for a much more obvious show of aggression to an official received an 11 game ban) and turns and instantly brandishes the red card. He then goes on to refuse to leave the pitch, clearly has to be pulled away by Bruno and ushered away...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The camera has to move at the vital moment, doesn't it? :facepalm: Typical.

After watching it a few times in slow motion it doesn't look definitely intentional, but I suppose if it wasn't then Barnes would hold his hands up and apologise. I hope they'll think a 3-match ban is sufficient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here