Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Bittersweet Day for Crofts

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Andrew Crofts was buoyed by his first start of 2013 after recovering from a hamstring injury, but felt that it was overshadowed by a narrowly defeat at the Reebok Stadium.
The result made it a bittersweet day for the Welsh international but now he’s fit again the midfielder is relishing the Championship run-in.
Crofts told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m delighted to be back in first-team action because it’s been a long seven-and-a-half weeks and it’s been very frustrating, but it was a disappointing result. We put in a very positive performance and we’re gutted to be coming away with nothing.
“I loved the hour but when they scored we were right on top and we were looking dangerous. Their keeper made a good save from me and then I hit the post when the early goal would have been so important.
“The problem was a tear at the top of my hamstring and it's always worse when it’s at the top. I felt a lot better than I thought I would. I felt better than I thought I would; I felt okay on the ball and I felt strong so it’s just about getting minutes under my belt.
“I’m back now and it’s the business end of the season so I’m happy to be back amongst it. I'm really looking forward to it.”
Despite the defeat Crofts insisted that there were plenty of positives to take from the game as Albion prepare for another away game at Barnsley on Tuesday night.
“Even though we lost the boys did really well and we’ll go into Tuesday’s game nice and positive.
“Bolton are a good team and they didn’t have many opportunities – that’s credit to us because we were really positive. We’re always positive at the Amex but we’re taking it away now too.
“We want to win as many games as possible so we go into every game to win. The boys are really up for Barnsley now because it’s a massive game for us.
“Barnsley are fighting for their lives but they’ve had a good month. We know it will be really tough but we’re all looking forward to it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here