Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Date this photo

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
can anyone gjve me a rough date when this photo was taken ?

bsc.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure I saw that photo previously and it was 1930s.

As an aside, doesn't it look nice without so much crap outside of the station?

No stupid taxi drivers dropping off passengers wherever they please.

I'd love for them to mow down the central buildings (Albion kebabs and all) and have a jolly nice plaza and send those taxis round the back.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
February 1911

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As these were part of the 1911 pics put in a thread on here yesterday.

DOH !
I never thought to look. I shall put on the pointed hat and go stand in the corner (now known as the Ashley Barnes corner)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
March 1935 , the bus is a ST type with open staircase

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If you zoom in to the tea shop area there is someone reading a paper (Evening Argus Late edition) and the date on it is 14th April 1935

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
If you zoom in to the tea shop area there is someone reading a paper (Evening Argus Late edition) and the date on it is 14th April 1935

That was the year they got rid of their last true local news reporters, replaced by buying in stock national and international news articles.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
That photo hangs in the Bystander Cafe (which is the tea rooms shown in the pic) i'll have a look when im next in to see if there is a date printed on it

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's a Thomas Tilling bus 1915 to 1935, they became Brighton Bus co. in 1935. A large fleet of more modern buses was purchase in 1929/30.

jg_31_075.jpg [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Looking towards the station from Surrey Street, and showing the recently widened breakthrough from Queens Road. the exact year is not known but it seems likely to have been in the mid-1930’s, probably 1936 or 1937.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the first pic. the terminus work is taking place, in this pic it's finished. My first instinct was 1935, I have found nothing to change that guess. PM me for where to send the research fee.[/FONT]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here