Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: This is My Team

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet praised his Albion players following their undeserved 1-0 defeat at Bolton Wanderers.Marcos Alonso’s first-half strike was enough to secure the points for the Trotters but the Albion boss was pleased with his side's display.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was our best game away from home for a while, absolutely no doubt. We controlled it by passing and by putting pressure on the opposition.
“We had more shots and we really wanted to win the game, the only disappointing part is the result, the rest was very good and I liked it.
“When the opposition have to change an offensive player and put on a defender it means your team are doing quite well.
“It’s football and you have to give credit to the opposition but after games like today I go home and think this is my team."
With Albion trailing, Poyet threw on all his attacking options in an attempt to find an equaliser but, unjustly, it came to nothing.
“We finished with all the offensive players we had available on the pitch to try and win the game.
“They were 1-0 up, they dropped and defended their box, and we lost a great chance of winning this football game.
“Sometimes when you are in control you have the chance, but you also need to be careful because they can score.”
Meanwhile Andrew Crofts made a timely return for Albion, making his first appearance since December, replacing Dean Hammond in midfield.
“The idea was to bring in fresh legs because Deano has been playing week in week out and he needed a rest,.
"I am sure that kind of recharged energy is going to be fantastic for Deano for the rest of the season, and I am looking forward to using both him and Crofty for the next few games.”
Meanwhile Poyet confirmed he was unsure as to why striker Ashley Barnes was sent off but would review the DVD and incident with his player, who is facing a four match suspension.
"We were in a hurry to bring a striker before the deadline, now we are desperate."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here