Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not clinical enough in front of goal.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's as simple as that and has been all season. We had enough chances to win three games this afternoon but how many times have we said that this season. £6m ish quid spent on strikers and we can't score goals.

Feb 14, 2010
Yep but don't mention it because its the elephant in the room that we are not allowed to mention or else people get upset. Especially dont mention that we let Murray go for the sake of a pay rise and he is on 30 goals so far.

It sums up the fine line between success and failure. Chances to goals ratio must be appalling this season, bu tat least we are creating the chances to miss them. If we were slightly more clinical we'd be pushing top 2, sadly we are where we deserve to be.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It sums up the fine line between success and failure. Chances to goals ratio must be appalling this season, bu tat least we are creating the chances to miss them. If we were slightly more clinical we'd be pushing top 2, sadly we are where we deserve to be.

Nothing has changes since last year though has it? The Argie still needs time, and CMS was shite anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It is very frustrating, take the chances and we would be sitting pretty and most likely challenging the top 2.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I don't know why some posters got so irate when this issue is raised - simple reality is for 2 years we have not had a striker good enough or clinical enough to get the 20+ a season and be the difference between mid-upper table and playoff/promotion candidates. Mentioning Murray inflames the discussions but when all said and done he at the very least represents the kind of performance level we all know the team need. CMS, hard as he has tried, is simply not that player and I don't think ever will be with us, Ulloa may be but I am yet to be convinced over a season he will score week in, week out and as for the rest of the 'forwards', at best they are unproven, average or not up to this level. Every team going up has to score great goals, good goals and plenty of ugly looking goals and as brilliantly as we pass teams off the park some days, until we get a proper finisher (s) who can do this, I can't see us leaving the Championship. Whilst the playoffs remain a reasonable chance still, I do wonder if we made it would we be going in 'on form' or just crawling in and likely to face teams on a great run and who will easily turn us over. 2 games, 0 points and whilst I understand the arguments that we found Bristol in top form and Bolton were just dead lucky, fact remains a serious challenger at this stage of the season would have expected and got a minimum of 2 points, probably more like 4 yet we got 0!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
2 games, 0 points and whilst I understand the arguments that we found Bristol in top form and Bolton were just dead lucky, fact remains a serious challenger at this stage of the season would have expected and got a minimum of 2 points, probably more like 4 yet we got 0!

We got a point at Bristol City!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interestingly Forest strikers haven't scored many goals this season as most of theirs have come from midfield.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Good point, maths not my strongest on Bristol but gist was that the return generally from these last 2 games which we really ought to be winning if we want to maintain any serious momentum, is just not good enough. We may well still be there or thereabouts but this is the wrong time to be playing well but getting very little return when our rivals above are doing enough to keep ahead of us or those below us are hitting winning runs and catching up....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here