Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Striker a must

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
After Barnes's antics and not scoring in two away games surely we need to get someone in before Tuesday. Don't care if it isn't 'without a recall clause' or 'only for a month' etc we seriously need a different option especially with Ulloa playing all 90 today.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
After Barnes's antics and not scoring in two away games surely we need to get someone in before Tuesday. Don't care if it isn't 'without a recall clause' or 'only for a month' etc we seriously need a different option especially with Ulloa playing all 90 today.

We are simply DESPERATE now. The Argie is still "one for the future", and should not be pushed too hard at this stage of his career in England.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes but the Argie took just under 2yrs to sign so to get some-one in 2-days looks a bit unrealistic. What we don't want is a knee jerk signing of the Paynter ilk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It'd have to be a striker from a mid-table club IMHO. Clubs at either end of any table are hardly going to loan out a striker worth having at this stage in the season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd take almost anyone , just need someone in to raise their game for a few games while we look elsewhere

Even poor options are better than no options

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd take almost anyone , just need someone in to raise their game for a few games while we look elsewhere

Even poor options are better than no options

Not necessarily a problem. Just need to start Buckley and LuaLua on the wings and Ulloa in the centre. All three are plenty capable of scoring the goals we need. That trio going forward at the same time, with Vicente tucked in behind them, would be a nightmare to defend against.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not necessarily a problem. Just need to start Buckley and LuaLua on the wings and Ulloa in the centre. All three are plenty capable of scoring the goals we need. That trio going forward at the same time, with Vicente tucked in behind them, would be a nightmare to defend against.

I agree.

Ulloa probably needs a rest though. Poyet tried to do it vs Bristol but situation conspired against him.

You would like to think that we can get the win Tuesday but moving forward I'd like to see 2 come in

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I reckon it'll be Simon Church

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The last time Gus panicked he brought in Dobbie. It has to be the right player drafted in.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Before today I had the impression we were looking for someone who would be ok with sitting on the bench, which would probably be harder to find. Now with barnes out whoever we bring in has a chance of playing, and with the current mood on Barnes, perhaps solidifying his place in the starting line up.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

hey, don't panic, hold your nerve and don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes. Its the championship, we're going to win, lose and draw. The squad has enough strenght in depth, the manager is not a fool, we'll get over this. Take a deep breath, count to ten and look at it again. We will get to the playoffs, then the stress will start!!!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Why not give Buckley a chance to play upfront? rather than bring in a panic loan signing who will warm the bench - and bring back Dobbie!!- No Thanks!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We needed a loan striker before today.

We now need 2 !! ( even if one is only for 30 days )

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ok, I know I will get panned for this, but a certain Mr Owen has been linked in the past. We seem to have good relations with Stoke, he has been told he has no future there. They are not going down and their season will just trundle to a very uninteresting end. Is it beyond the realms of possibility he could come in for three months???..It would be the perfect scenario if you ask me. He wouldn't need asking twice in front of goal, would be our Phillips, only better.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ok, I know I will get panned for this, but a certain Mr Owen has been linked in the past. We seem to have good relations with Stoke, he has been told he has no future there. They are not going down and their season will just trundle to a very uninteresting end. Is it beyond the realms of possibility he could come in for three months???..It would be the perfect scenario if you ask me. He wouldn't need asking twice in front of goal, would be our Phillips, only better.

I would seriously love to see this, but knowing the luck he and we have, he would probably injure his knee in the 1st game and be out for the rest of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here