Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things to do in Guernsey

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Pretty much sorted today, but would appreciate some inspiration for tomorrow. Working on the island til 15th. Cheering on Guernsey in F A Vase quarter final this evening.

Suggestions of pubs, eateries and something cheap and/or odd/different to do tomorrow welcomed. Plus give the Albion a massive cheer from me as I can't be there. :eek:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Great little sports bar in St Peter Port behind high street. The Red Onion. Has individual screens in each booth and food is great. If your up for getting smashed hit their cocktail list or ciders. Other ideas: Go to Herm for day if weather brightens up, take a stroll and then relax in bar. Or go and book yourself on the "RIB" - great experience. If you pop to the Rovers football club ask for Drew and tell him Gaz says hello. Any questions let me know.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Oh i saw you said cheap - forget the "RIB" - get yourself to the little chapple - got to be seen whilst in Guernsey.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Guernsey is beautiful. Bizarre how the invention of pavements has not been discovered around these parts.

Don't forget to go to Rib Shack after a night out.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
There is a good aquarium/vivarium underground somewhere. Impressive chameleon from the little I remember

Guernsey is beautiful. Bizarre how the invention of pavements has not been discovered around these parts.
A colleague of mine at East Sussex County Council designed the first roundabout to be constructed on Guernsey. He was also commissioned to come up with a plan to ensure that all the locals knew how to use it.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Was going to move there about 4 years ago. I remember being told something about water sports if that's any use...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not much

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
A colleague of mine at East Sussex County Council designed the first roundabout to be constructed on Guernsey. He was also commissioned to come up with a plan to ensure that all the locals knew how to use it.

That's because before the introduction of roundabouts they used (and still do) the much better filter in turn system.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boat trip to Herm island for somewhere more remote

Absolute End restaurant near St Peter Port is great.

If I remember licencing law means no drink without a meal on a Sunday ( but they compensate by no tax on alcohol so not all bad ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here