Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funding idea for NSC...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Everybody with a 2003 "Join date" in their profile donates £20 to an NSC bank account number, to mark 10 years of the current iteration of NSC.

£2 a year for 10 years worth of NSC doesn't like a lot to ask. I'd do it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why should the original members have to pay for it and not others?

Okay.
How about £10 for a 2003 join date, £9 for a 2004 join date, £8 for a 2005 join date and so on.

Not a subscription, just a one-off voluntary donation to mark 10 years of this version of NSC.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
If anything I feel like NSC owes me money. I'd have earned a hell of a lot more commission down the years if it didn't exist.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Why should the original members have to pay for it and not others?

[MENTION=22936]Dewe [/MENTION]Road Gull will be happy to donate his Scrap Money from plumbing--£500.00 at least a year:eek:

Please note I haven't told him about this yet:)

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Forgive my naivety but what are the costs associated with running NSC?? Wouldn't have thought it costs much to run at all although clearly I'm wrong. Has someone got a fulltime job running it?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Forgive my naivety but what are the costs associated with running NSC?? Wouldn't have thought it costs much to run at all although clearly I'm wrong. Has someone got a fulltime job running it?

Bozza would be able to give you the full details, but from what I gather hosting costs for NSC are in the region of £7'000 per year.

The only source of income is from people buying stuff from Amazon via the NSC link, plus Google Ads. Even with this, NSC runs at a loss of about £15 / day and now Google have pulled their Ads from NSC owing to content that they don't wish their brand to be associated with. So the bottom line is NSC requires an income of about £7k a year from somewhere to fund hosting costs. I have no idea how many hours Bozza puts in to administering this site. At times it probably isn't far off a full-time job, but he doesn't pay himself for doing it.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Bozza would be able to give you the full details, but from what I gather hosting costs for NSC are in the region of £7'000 per year.

The only source of income is from people buying stuff from Amazon via the NSC link, plus Google Ads. Even with this, NSC runs at a loss of about £15 / day and now Google have pulled their Ads from NSC owing to content that they don't wish their brand to be associated with. So the bottom line is NSC requires an income of about £7k a year from somewhere to fund hosting costs. I have no idea how many hours Bozza puts in to administering this site. At times it probably isn't far off a full-time job, but he doesn't pay himself for doing it.

Cheers for that. Had no idea it was so expensive or took so much work. Owe a lot to Bozza clearly

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was obviously pissed when I started this threat and naturally retract my 'suggestion.' How come this got dredged up from page 347?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hosting costs - this is not a small site. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] does everything else for nowt

I don't know, what price can you put on kudos and being ITK. On top of that the site has a value because of it's popularity plus thousands of email data which could be sold.

It's an investment, lifestyle, and something to be proud of, so it is not a completely alteristic venture and there is gain in some shape or form.

Disclaimer:- "This may only be an exagerated flippant off the cuff opinion from myself, it may not be fact, and may not represent the views of any other poster or organisation".

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[MENTION=22936]Dewe [/MENTION]Road Gull will be happy to donate his Scrap Money from plumbing--£500.00 at least a year:eek:

Please note I haven't told him about this yet:)

What is this scrap money from plumbing you are talking about? ???

I thought us plumbers didn't get this anymore :wink: * taps side of nose*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here