Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke City fan banned...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Because security guards thought that his newspaper could be used as a weapon.

Ridiculous.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Seriously??

Wouldn't it be great if 20,000+ fans turned up to their next home game carrying a newspaper!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is this similar to the West Ham fan who was banned from Stoke the other day because he wanted to carry in a newspaper....

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
hmm appears it was a Daily Mirror story about a 57 yr old West Ham supporter at Stoke - was told to bin it as it might be set fire to and endanger safety ... still if it was a Daily Mirror he was carrying he's had a lucky escape ... :)

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
he could make a 'Millwall brick' with it

Indeed. I was once hospitalised by a Millwall brick so I know how dangerous they can be.

(In the interests of clarity perhaps I should point out that I was the one making the brick and I tore the tendons in my wrist)

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
he only took it so that he could look at the pictures, bless

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Because security guards thought that his newspaper could be used as a weapon.

Ridiculous.

Maybe, but they did used to be a "tool" back in the day. As did Bic pens.

If rolled-up and then bent in two, they make a usefull lump to whack someone with.

Maybe the person had some history?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Indeed. I was once hospitalised by a Millwall brick so I know how dangerous they can be.

(In the interests of clarity perhaps I should point out that I was the one making the brick and I tore the tendons in my wrist)

Made me chuckle!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm with the steward, why else would a Stoke fan bring in a newspaper ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think it was reported on the radio that it could be set alight and used as a flare rather than a weapon. Still ludicrous unless they have previous video of the bloke lighting up his paper.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Who needs a reason not to go there?

In one of our pub discussions the other day, the question was

"if you won free tickets and hospitality at a Premiership Club, which is the one club you would least likely bother to turn up?"

Stoke won by a mile from Wigan.

Stoke's a shtihole... I wanna go home

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
hmm appears it was a Daily Mirror story about a 57 yr old West Ham supporter at Stoke - was told to bin it as it might be set fire to and endanger safety ... still if it was a Daily Mirror he was carrying he's had a lucky escape ... :)

Anyone that has that communist rag on them should be locked up for life :D

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I tore the tendons in my wrist recently. I'd been waiting for my girlfriend to go to the toilet for ages and just wenat a bit faster than normal before she came back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here