Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How fast should a hearse be driven?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
What is a dignified but practical speed to drive a hearse, on both low speed roads and motorways?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Keeping to the speed limit I guess but would a hearse on the way to a funeral be using a motorway ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
He was pulled over by the coppers doing 80mph on Coldean Lane, really chucking it into the turns. And now he's looking for moral support on here, which is perfectly reasonable.

Cheers Ninja i told you that in confidence, anyway friends and family could have kept up if they so wished!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cheers Ninja i told you that in confidence, anyway friends and family could have kept up if they so wished!

I think that was more the problem Doc to be fair, if it had just been the Hearse then maybe you'd have gotten away with it. But it wasn't, was it? It was the funeral cars as well and those people looked SERIOUSLY distressed.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
At my fathers funeral last year, we were doing about 20 through HH I would say.

Amazing how the older generation still stop what they are doing when one goes past and how most cars stop to let them out at junctions. I say most - one young charlie nearly buried his car into the side of the hearse when pulling into Oathall Road - when the rest of the traffic stopped, he decided not to!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm off to one in a minute, I'll let you know.

An acquaintance of mine was a hearse driver for a few years, he always said whatever the speed limit is divide it by 4.
With all the current roadworks, Lewes Road is slow enough already. Hearses travelling at 7.5 miles an hour to get to all the cemeteries and crematoria along there can only help speed things up, I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here