Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan pierce.... Did he really say that?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Just watching MOTD2 from last Sunday. At 31 minutes in, does he say "louis has missed it, oh shit that's a brilliant header"?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Can't find it...which game was it? Pierce was commentating the North London Derby and cant hear it :/

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The man is a wan*er, his son played for hassocks u'9s , cuckfield cosmos u'9s beat them and he started making all sorts of loud , snide comments to our kids , u'9s ffs.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Was great on robot wars.

Remember HYPNODISC.

I went MENTAL when that first BURST onto the scene.
th

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Was great on robot wars.

Remember HYPNODISC.

I went MENTAL when that first BURST onto the scene.
th

I like Pearce, but he was VERY anti-Razor on Robot Wars. Razor was the FINEST creation, the only problem was the occasional reliability flaw. But what a FLAIR robot that was, seriously. I liked Hypnodisc, and 101. Not to mention Tornado and Chaos 2, but Pearce always seemed against Razor.

200px-Razer_001.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wasn't there one made by some engineering students who used to turn up each year after spending about £30k on the thing. They had all these fancy control-holder things, yet they always bombed out early.

I assume Hynodisc smashed Chaos 2? I remember Panic Attack winning and just not being sure how. It just PUSHED.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Just watching MOTD2 from last Sunday. At 31 minutes in, does he say "louis has missed it, oh shit that's a brilliant header"?

I am actually glad you posted this, as when I watched it I thought I was hearing things.

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Met him at a charity night in Hassocks a couple of years ago.
He also bought along Tony Gale and the 2 of them telling football related anecdotes.
They were both very funny and certainly didn't mince words.
Spoke with Pearce at the bar afterwards and came across as a true football man
and was very complimentary towards the Albion.
He was very knowledgeable also with regards to the struggles Brighton had endured over the previous years.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The build up to HYPNOISC v CHAOS 2 was epic.

Chaos2.jpg

I seem to remember chaos2 flipped hypnodisc and it was all over, quite the shock result. So the hypnodisc engineers went away and built a hydraulic flipper on the top of it so it could right itself, then came back the next series and OBLITERATED everything. Just shredded fragments of metal and spring left in its wake. Awesome show.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Just watched it back on iplayer, its about 26:50 into the program. Corner to WBA, I think what he says is "Luiz missed it, ohhhh Cech, that's a brilliant save...."

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I seem to remember chaos2 flipped hypnodisc and it was all over, quite the shock result. So the hypnodisc engineers went away and built a hydraulic flipper on the top of it so it could right itself, then came back the next series and OBLITERATED everything. Just shredded fragments of metal and spring left in its wake. Awesome show.

a srimech

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Anyway, back to the original question...

No, because at 31 mins it was John Motson

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
The man is a wan*er, his son played for hassocks u'9s , cuckfield cosmos u'9s beat them and he started making all sorts of loud , snide comments to our kids , u'9s ffs.

Attended an U16s game which I was reffing. Constant abuse from the man because I sent off who I am guessing is his kid (surname Pearce was a hint) because he denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity and called me a ****!

He expressed his disapproval at the end and he got reported to county FA as well as his kid (twice!).

Bit of a knob if you ask me!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

If I remember correctly, Hypno was designed by a CHILD who's dad then built the bugger. I think it was that the disk was so WEIGHTED that really helped them.

Also, does anyone remember the WHIRRRRRRING it would make. Gradually getting LOUDER AND LOUDER. It just built the tension before some helpless BOT got in its way and SMASH. Honestly, I'm 26 now and I want another series of it just thinking about how great it was.

I did used to get unusually angry at 'Gemini'. It was just two robots who started back to back and then split. Complete CHEATERY.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
If I remember correctly, Hypno was designed by a CHILD who's dad then built the bugger. I think it was that the disk was so WEIGHTED that really helped them.

Also, does anyone remember the WHIRRRRRRING it would make. Gradually getting LOUDER AND LOUDER. It just built the tension before some helpless BOT got in its way and SMASH. Honestly, I'm 26 now and I want another series of it just thinking about how great it was.

I did used to get unusually angry at 'Gemini'. It was just two robots who started back to back and then split. Complete CHEATERY.

Hypno-Disc vs RaizerBlade vs Predator (Robot Wars Battle) - YouTube

This was Hypnodisc coming back. Genius. I forgot about the existence of Wheely Big Cheese. It was ridiculous.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Met him at a charity night in Hassocks a couple of years ago.
He also bought along Tony Gale and the 2 of them telling football related anecdotes.
They were both very funny and certainly didn't mince words.
Spoke with Pearce at the bar afterwards and came across as a true football man
and was very complimentary towards the Albion.
He was very knowledgeable also with regards to the struggles Brighton had endured over the previous years.

Tony Gale is funny but when commentating on Leicester Albion when Virgo got the only goal some years back I remember him calling Adam El-Abd Adam el dib dab and then laughing. Bit odd and a bit seventies i thought.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Attended an U16s game which I was reffing. Constant abuse from the man because I sent off who I am guessing is his kid (surname Pearce was a hint) because he denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity and called me a ****!

He expressed his disapproval at the end and he got reported to county FA as well as his kid (twice!).

Bit of a knob if you ask me!

What's the age of the youngest player you've ever sent off?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Anyway, back to the original question...

No, because at 31 mins it was John Motson

How very dare you! This Robot Wars discussion was progressing nicely :rave:

My favourites were Hypnodisc, Wheely Big Cheese, Pussycat and Razer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here