Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women managers at a football league club ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just been watching sky sports news and they've been going on about how long will it be before a woman will ever manage one of the 92 professional football league clubs with Hope Powell being the likeliest
Personally I think never, for a start how much time would be lost on the training ground explaining the offside rule :smile:
What does NSC think ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
MV5BMjI4NjA4NTQyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI5NDUwOA@@._V1._CR0,0,1434,1434_SS99_.jpg The first female Football Manager.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can't see it happening myself unless some lower league club do it as some sort of publicity stunt. Whilst it has come on significantly the perception is still that technically the women's game it is still nowhere near the level of the mens game

To put it in perspective Hope Powell is the only female manager anyone knows about and would you want her managing the albion in the next 10 years?

Jimmy Grimble

Interesting that Hope Powell has never applied for a job at one of the 92 professional clubs.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Why don't we just go for mixed football and be done with it. be great to see some of these footballers on the pitch.

Top 20 Sexiest Female Footballers at the 2011 Women’s World Cup | CaughtOffside

I think there is some merit in this. Like Stool-ball where teams are a mixture and must have a couple of females in the side. Would be very interesting in terms of tactics and indeed the spectator reactions and chants. Could be the way forward when football as we know it implodes with greed.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It wouldn't be a bad publicity stunt would it. Say Hope Powell gets the Crawley job for instance. They throw a bit of cash behind her and after a season or two they go up. They are applauded as breaking down barriers etc, Hope Powell possibly opens the gate for other female managers and everyone is happy. The other alternative is that they give her the job, throw some cash behind her and it all goes a bit wrong. Ok so they have lost some cash but they will still be celebrated for giving it a go and the image of the club is going to improve massively.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I think there is some merit in this. Like Stool-ball where teams are a mixture and must have a couple of females in the side. Would be very interesting in terms of tactics and indeed the spectator reactions and chants. Could be the way forward when football as we know it implodes with greed.

Did my post come across as serious. Whoops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here