Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tree-huggers disagree with Greens

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It has. There's about three different versions of it, one with a picture of Caroline Lucas signing a petition to save the tree!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i hate the term "tree huggers" err.....the planets been here a long time and in the last 50 years nearly half the trees have been cut down by man.....if you dont think this is an issue then frankly, your a ****.

trees give oxygen to the atmosphere - something we all pretty much need.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
i hate the term "tree huggers" err.....the planets been here a long time and in the last 50 years nearly half the trees have been cut down by man.....if you dont think this is an issue then frankly, your a ****.

Of course it's an issue. That's why I posted it. What is also interesting is that the so-called Green party of Brighton wants to chop this, and other trees, down. Not so green, are they?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Of course it's an issue. That's why I posted it. What is also interesting is that the so-called Green party of Brighton wants to chop this, and other trees, down. Not so green, are they?

i know and agree.....i just don't like the term 'tree huggers.'

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

If a bit less oxygen, means I don't have to listen to the sort of hyberbolic trash as spouted above, then I vote for cutting more down

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Chopping down a tree doesn't negate green credentials. Do you have a deep seated dislike for the Green Party?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Some idiot referring to the two guys in the tree on the tv spouted off that they should get a job. One of the guys up there is a managing director of his own company!!

SAVE THE TREE!!!!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
If a bit less oxygen, means I don't have to listen to the sort of hyberbolic trash as spouted above, then I vote for cutting more down

heheh, you carry on with your important life of........printer cartridges......and leave the planet to pthers.

Some idiot referring to the two guys in the tree on the tv spouted off that they should get a job. One of the guys up there is a managing director of his own company!!

SAVE THE TREE!!!!
And I had a conversation with him in Dick's Bar before the Burnley game, shortly after he had been arrested up a tree at the Bexhill-Hastings road protest.

He's plainly a serial offender, who probably needs to get out less.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It's one tree for God's sake. I count myself as supportive of this type of thing normally but this is a complete waste of everyone's time.
I'm slightly the opposite as usually I have no problem with trees being chopped down for road developments. As the population in Sussex grows we desperately need to improve the transport infrastructure and that sadly means trees being felled. The difference here is that this is an elm, and if you want to know how many mature elms are left in Western Europe, well count all the ones in Brighton and Hove, add a few and you pretty much arrive at the total. Even so I would still be in favour of its removal (as it's not one of the great elms like we have in Preston Park or at the Level) if I had confidence that the scheme was going to improve Seven Dials. The jury's still out on that; making things worse for cars and better for cyclists and pedestrians does not count as an 'improvement', merely a 'change' - and I speak as someone who's main way of getting round Brighton is by walking.

The irony is that the council may well back down - and then the tree could get Dutch elm disease next year anyway! We lose a few to disease every year and the council are VERY good at removing them quickly to prevent infection (I reported one in our road last year as soon as I saw the tell-tale signs and it was gone within a week).

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nature has been doing it's best to get rid of the Elm, it needs no help from the JCL's that make up the Council.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here