Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Bridcutt Receives Scotland Call-Up

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion’s Liam Bridcutt has seen his fine form rewarded with a Scotland call-up.The Seagulls midfielder will link up with the squad for their World Cup Qualification fixtures against Wales and Serbia.
Scotland manager Gordon Strachan spoke of the strengths that convinced him to name the 23-year-old in his squad.
He said, “What I did see of Liam was a guy that was brave on the ball and willing to accept it in any situation. When he gave a pass to anybody, it was always a pass that the player could then go on and make good moves with, nobody had to tidy the ball up or anything.
“He is brave enough to take it and play a good pass. If you want to play on the counter attack players like that are necessary. And Mark McGhee, who lives in the Brighton area, has seen a lot of Liam and the type of guy he is, so we put that all together and came up with the conclusion that he is good enough.
“At a time where we have lost a couple of players in that position there is a hole there, and hopefully Liam can fill it.”
Bridcutt has been in fine form since joining the Seagulls in 2010 following his release from Chelsea and has made over 100 appearances for the club.
Gus Poyet told seagulls.co.uk of his delight at the call-up, adding: “I am really happy for him, whenever a player gets a first call up it is really special.
"I am really pleased; you go to another level when you play international football and I hope he makes his debut.
“The more internationals the better team we have; sometimes you can buy a player who is an international and other times you need to help him to get in there.
“We did try to help Liam a lot but the most important part is what he has done, the job on the pitch. It is totally deserved and I am very pleased.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here