Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is the perfect opportunity for the likes of Agdestein and Barker to have their moment

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
So why is it Gus is looking into the loan market?!

Come on Gus, I do not want to see another Billy-Barndoor-Paynter-esque of a loan signing who needs to `gel` into the team when we have the likes of Agdestein and Barker who know the style of play, know what you expect and are constantly pushing to break into the first-team.

Alright it was hard when Ulloa came in but now with no Hoskins, CMS and Dobbie in the side, rather than simply pay more for mediocre strikers, why not give these guys a chance?

Last season I thought Agdestein was quality when he played and he really delivered in games such as Peterborough and showed passion in the Palace game. The kid has heart. Gus, you wanted him in your first team squad in a years time when you signed him, well that timescale has past but he can deliver.

Barker, I know little of and rarely watch a DS game but I have heard really promising stuff. Give these kids a chance!

Alright we're going to the play-offs, but these guys are never going to experience these kind of situations nor will they exceed as professionals if they are not going to be thrown into the deep end everyone so often. Other clubs have done this, why can't we!?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
neither are good enough or aware of the game enough to be considered ready for the first team even for a short tome as a sub. The simple choice for Gus is bring in a loan signing and go for promotion or stick with what we have and accept that promotion is a bridge too far for us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Relying on Adgestein or Barker in the side we wouldnt make the play offs.

Barker and JFC have earned the right to train with the first team , so must be on the fringes. Barker might have to step up as a sub for Barnesy or Spanish Len if all the loan targets Gus has in mind are unavailable for one reason or other.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
neither are good enough or aware of the game enough to be considered ready for the first team even for a short tome as a sub. The simple choice for Gus is bring in a loan signing and go for promotion or stick with what we have and accept that promotion is a bridge too far for us.

Clearly Mr Poyet doesn't agree with your assessment of Barker.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Use Barker, Agdestein or JFC from the bench to come on for injuries during the game. None of them should be used from the start, particularly in away matches, which are very different from playing in front of 25,000 positive fans.

None of them would have produced a game changing situation at Bristol (Lua Lua might have).

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Because we are pushing for play offs not mid table. I'm all for playing youth but with Ulloa looking like he isn't fit enough to play week in week out and Buckley having a record with injury we need to bring in someone.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It's a difficult position that Gus finds himself in. If he plays the reserves and fails he'll get slagged off by all and sundry. The Albion are so close to a Play Off if we don't speculate on an experienced loan signing who is to say we won't get this opportunity again.

Not too sure how Agdestein and Barker have got on when loaned out?

My call would be to get in a loan player it's far too much pressure to put on young shoulders.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ultimately, CMS' injury leaves us looking for a new 3rd choice striker... Ulloa is nailed on to start if fit and Barnes plays that role better than CMS at the moment. Toby and Barker will be wasted bench seats in my opinion as I genuinely don't see Gus using them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If Poyet can get someone with experience of getting out of this division in on loan then he should, end of story.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Think the only way to risk either of these two is in same way as Gus did with JFC in the Hudders game. They need some "risk free" game time to get aclimatised, the pressure of expectation on their shoulders would be too great if thrown in from the start or in a come on when we're struggling situation.

Saying that I don't think it's any more of a risk than bringing in a loan at this stage, but expect us to do so but more as back up

I think that Ulloa and Barnes are going to have to earn their dough over the next few weeks as well as hoping Vicente is still around and making greater use of Buckley and KLL.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Poyet can get someone with experience of getting out of this division in on loan then he should, end of story.

Likely to cost us £40k a week in wages though.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Barker made 1 appearance at Barnet, one of the worst teams in the football league.

I'm all for giving young players a chance, but i'd quite like to make the play-offs. Bringing in players who've failed to make an impact at a much lower level, I wouldn't want to put them on in a promotion push 2 leagues higher.

Seagull in Range

Oct 20, 2004
Mossley
Barker was on loan at Barnet (bottom of League 2) for a month recently - made one sub appearance. Agdestein went on loan to Bath (Conference) started twice and got subbed off in both at HT... You really want these to lead our attack???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here