Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is ATTACK the best form of DEFENCE?

Is ATTACK the best form of DEFENCE?

• Yes, attack Iis DEFINITELY the best form of defence.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No, of course it's not. Don't be so ridiculous.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Following on from a comment somewhere else on here today…

Well? Is it?

I’m not sure. If it is, doesn’t that mean that the team with the best attack will also have the best defence? Doesn’t it blur any distinction between stages of play?

I vote NO. I reckon CONSIDERED RISK is a better form of defence, though admittedly it's not as catchy.

Over to you, the great brainboxed intelligentsia of NSC.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Surely DEFENCE, by definition is the best form of DEFENCE. Attack can be a good form though.

I mean, Palace haven't kept that many clean sheets this season, but by f*** do they score a lot of goals.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It can be sometimes. Can we have an option for that?

No.

Imagine you're Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator and you're deciding on the life of a gruff-talking Spanish Russell Crowe with no hint of a Spanish accent. it's thumb-up or thumb-down. No waving it around horizontally.

892cap012.jpg

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If attack is a form of defence then how do you compare it to defence? That's like comparing bananas to fruit.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well I understand the question.

I think in lower leagues it's all about scoring a hat full of goals and being attck minded, the opposition can't score all the time you are in thier half. Look at the Palace they are scorong for fun and fourth we are really hard to break down at the back but struggling to win games.

There of course is the other side of the coin where Arsenal won the league with 1 - 0 to the Arsenal scorer Ian Wright, to a degree the Albion did that with 1- 0 scorer Zamora.

I voted "yes" as I think you need to be positive on the pitch and push on and not just sit back and soak up the pressure and try to nick one on the break. Goals win matches not just clean sheets.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Following on from a comment somewhere else on here today…

Well? Is it?

I’m not sure. If it is, doesn’t that mean that the team with the best attack will also have the best defence? Doesn’t it blur any distinction between stages of play?

I vote NO. I reckon CONSIDERED RISK is a better form of defence, though admittedly it's not as catchy.

Over to you, the great brainboxed intelligentsia of NSC.

I'm going to sit on de-fence for this one:facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I deffinitely think that attack is the best form of defence. If someone is threatening you with Nuclear action, strike first and erradicate the threat. Game over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here