Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE palace player to watch out for Derby day

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
No not Zaha, Murray or Jedinak. Littly Jonny Williams. 19yr old attacking midfielder who is only about 5ft 6 but is VERY quick with good feet and attacking awareness. Won the first penalty the other night apparently and according to CP season ticket Holder father-in-law, he thinks JW is better than Zaha!

Watch out for this kid.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I imagine this thread will turn into a "I dont give shit. He is Palace scum" thread, so before the boneheads jump in I would have to say, I agree.

Regardless of who he plays for, he is an EXCELLENT player.

Saying that, I bigged up Derby's Will Hughes to my mates before we played them and he barely completed a pass and then got injured....

D

Deleted member 18477

everyone that was at the game last season will know who Williams is already..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
A lad with local connection....his grand father lives next to my mother in Portslade, John Williams father went to Portslade school before joining Kent police in 1979..

I have seen John and his dad a few times since Xmas each time I try to get him to wear a Brighton shirt for a pic just to post on BBS but he wont do it.

Nice kid...good mates with his Dad Peter, pity he plays for the Pikeys.....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'll also be keeping a firm eye on Kevin Phillips, who will either a) bang in another brace against us or b) get really riled by AEA, get annoyed, argue alot THEN in the last five minutes bang in another brace against us.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
They are top four because collectively they are a good side and play as a team. Use to live in Caterham / Croydon (that's why I moved away) and severals friends just say that they aren't a team of stars but they just have a team that has gelled into a good working unit and play without caution with attack being the best form of defence.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No not Zaha, Murray or Jedinak. Littly Jonny Williams. 19yr old attacking midfielder who is only about 5ft 6 but is VERY quick with good feet and attacking awareness. Won the first penalty the other night apparently and according to CP season ticket Holder father-in-law, he thinks JW is better than Zaha!

Watch out for this kid.

Daily Star write an article today about Man City interest & you forget to mention it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If he's the same Williams who played at the Amex last year then he ran the show.

He certainly did. There was a performance worthy of begrudging praise!

More worried about Bolasie..

:lolol: I love that this rubbish is still being spouted. Not just by you, but in general. His performance in the 3-0 shoeing is probably the most overhyped and overrated in the history of the sport. He's been on the bench a bit recently, which is weird considering he's omnipotent.

everyone that was at the game last season will know who Williams is already..

Anyone who watched it, anyway.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Daily Star write an article today about Man City interest & you forget to mention it

Didn't know about the article, so why would I mention it?

Yes I forgot he played last year, couldn't make it then so didn't see him. By all accounts he has got much better than last year, hence why I started it. You know, what with us playing them next week!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
More worried about Bolasie..

I swear, some of you lot on here rate Yannick more highly than a lot of Palace fans.

I like Yannick, he's a tricky player and he's as strong as anything. He's quick and direct but he can't shoot for toffee and his passing is pretty average. He's a very good Championship winger and will one day become a reasonable Premiership player at best.

To compare Bolasie to Williams or Zaha is ridiculous. Bolasie was an absolute bargain at £300k and is now worth easily 5 times that at least, but he doesn't compare to Wilfried or Jonny when it comes to technical ability.

Williams had a horrible leg injury shortly after our game at the Amex last year which kept him out for a very long period of time. He has only recently gotten fit again but he could be the best player our academy has ever produced. He is certainly the one to watch. As well as Zaha. And Murray. And Jedinak. And Phillips.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'll also be keeping a firm eye on Kevin Phillips, who will either a) bang in another brace against us or b) get really riled by AEA, get annoyed, argue alot THEN in the last five minutes bang in another brace against us.

These. :nono:

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I imagine this thread will turn into a "I dont give shit. He is Palace scum" thread, so before the boneheads jump in I would have to say, I agree.

Regardless of who he plays for, he is an EXCELLENT player.

Saying that, I bigged up Derby's Will Hughes to my mates before we played them and he barely completed a pass and then got injured....

A.i really want to look out for a player who might cause my team some damage great
B.im not a bonehead if your talking as it sounds exictiedly about jake f or someone i whos coming through our ranks might have thought yea good call but what a shit thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here