Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jabs for Goa - India

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hi all,

Looking at going to Goa for a couple of weeks and wondering if we need injections?

We've had multiple injections over the last 5 years to cover most things around South East Asia however not sure if we need boosters or not?

:shrug: :shrug:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Wouldn't asking a GP or a travel clinic be the sensible thing to do? If you have the 'yellow book' it should state when your previous jabs expire.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
None required, only recomended! if you have had some recently you will be fine.
I was in Sri Lanka last year and yellow fever and Hep B+C were recomended but did'nt have them.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Hi all,

Looking at going to Goa for a couple of weeks and wondering if we need injections?

We've had multiple injections over the last 5 years to cover most things around South East Asia however not sure if we need boosters or not?

I didn't take anything for Goa and got eaten alive by mozzies. I was fine though. Its your choice. Enjoy, lovely place.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Wouldn't asking a GP or a travel clinic be the sensible thing to do? If you have the 'yellow book' it should state when your previous jabs expire.

Definitely should have gone to Docs earlier, however I've booked time off work over Easter so I'm not sure if I've left enough time for a few of the injections. I do have a blue book but not a yellow one!?

------

None required, only recomended! if you have had some recently you will be fine.
I was in Sri Lanka last year and yellow fever and Hep B+C were recomended but did'nt have them.
I didn't take anything for Goa and got eaten alive by mozzies. I was fine though. Its your choice. Enjoy, lovely place.

The answers I was hoping for! As we're only going to Goa I'm sure we'll be ok, a few mozzie coils and some decent spray should do us. :cheers:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Definitely should have gone to Docs earlier, however I've booked time off work over Easter so I'm not sure if I've left enough time for a few of the injections. I do have a blue book but not a yellow one!?

international certificate of vaccinations - Google Search

You don't "need" a yellow book unless you're going to a yellow fever area (which of course Goa isn't), but it is a good way of keeping track of when and with what you've been stabbed with over the years.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You'll be fine. Stop worrying. Your biggest health risks are relaxing under a tree and a coconut falling on your head, and 'accidentally' drinking a large bottle of feni.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

------

The answers I was hoping for! As we're only going to Goa I'm sure we'll be ok, a few mozzie coils and some decent spray should do us. :cheers:

Are you going North or south?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Hi all,

My mum goes out there every winter for a few months - she's just got back so i'll ask her what she has

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
North I think. Candolim and Calangute are both options although I don't know anything about Goa, I've just seen these places advertised on Monarch.

North is more touristy. South is more tranquil. Go to Babubutes near St Antonys chapel to change your money. Its in Calangute and gives you the very best exchange rate. Make sure you go to Over the flames restaurant at least once. They have live shows whilst you eat. Pricey for goa standards at about £5 a head lol. Also do the spice plantation where you can wash feed and ride elephants. Anjuna Market is also a must, get a boat from calangute and watch the dolphins swim by the side of you. Takes 45mins and costs about £4 including a couple of drinks. It is 1 of the worlds last dirt cheap holiday destinations. It takes a couple of days to adjust to things. You will see more cows on the road than cars butall in all an amazing place. Check out tripadvisor before you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here