Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laurie Cunningham

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Anybody watch the documentary on Laurie Cunningham? What a player as well as standard bearer. Saw him play in the England V Norway U21 at the Goldstone when Wardy made his debut I didn't realise he won an FA Cup winners medal with Wimbledon - I was living in the USA at he time. What a sad ending though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any footage of the U21 game in the programme?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No footage unfortunately, just the U21 game against Scotland.

Thanks!

I wonder if he ever played against the Albion.

He joined West Brom in 1977, so just avoided being involved in the League Cup tie of 1976.
Then he joined Real Madrid in 1979, just avoiding playing Albion as a First Division fixture.

But did he play in the friendly against Albion for Real Madrid in 1983? Or even for Manchester United on loan in 1983?

Someone here will know, I imagine!

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Great documentary. Never realised George Petchey was manager at The O's prior to being a coach with us during the 1980s.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Thanks!

I wonder if he ever played against the Albion.

He joined West Brom in 1977, so just avoided being involved in the League Cup tie of 1976.
Then he joined Real Madrid in 1979, just avoiding playing Albion as a First Division fixture.

But did he play in the friendly against Albion for Real Madrid in 1983? Or even for Manchester United on loan in 1983?

Someone here will know, I imagine!

nearly played against us in '83 but was injured

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here