Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question on the rules of the game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A player launches a throw in at the goal, the keeper is caught off guard, flaps at it and misses it but doesn't touch it. The ball goes in, it clearly isn't a goal but what should the ref give?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the throw is re-taken

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A goal kick.

BTW strictly it is the LAWS of the game, not the rules.

*Retires to pedants corner*

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
What about a defender throwing it back to his goalkeeper? I know the goal is disallowed but not sure what's given.

Remember an incident a few years back when Peter Enckleman (sp?) for Aston Villa did exactly that against Birmingham who went on to win 3-0 I believe, however the goal shouldn't have stood as the keeper never actually touched it! But by his distraught reaction he evidently didn't know the rules!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If nobody touches it and it was thrown by the attacking side the answer is a goal kick. If thrown by the defending side a corner. If anybody touches it no matter how slight it is a goal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If it touches the referee, whose name goes on the scoresheet?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A goal kick.

BTW strictly it is the LAWS of the game, not the rules.

*Retires to pedants corner*

This.

Well, that is unless the Ref is secretly a Bluenose b*st*rd & he decides to give a goal (followed by a thick, obese, knuckle-dragging lifestyle hooligan performing a 1-twat pitch invasion; & doing the masturbation thing with his fat hand in the face of the goalkeeper).

Not that I'm bitter or anything... :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here