Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Tickets

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Hi All.

When paying for a parking ticket online, there's a drop down menu with a few options available (giving a few price options).

My parking ticket is £50 dropping to £25 if I pay it in 14 days or less.

Does anyone know if, therefor, I should select the £50 option or the £25 option? It says 'falsifying charges will result...' blah.

Anyone have recent experience of this system?

Had a ticket last year and the system was different!

Any help would be just sweet.

Thanks x

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hi All.

When paying for a parking ticket online, there's a drop down menu with a few options available (giving a few price options).

Does anyone know if, therefor, I should select the £50 option or the £25 option? It says 'falsifying charges will result...' blah.

Thanks x

I think there's a clue in your post.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Hi All.

Thanks x

I assume it's not a private ticket as obviously that would be a fake one and can be ignored, or appealed using the new POPLA procedure, then ignored if not cancelled.

It's a Council one then? Do you not want to appeal it at all? I would appeal any Council PCN, any circumstances, all the way to adjudication, but that's because I go on parking forums and know that Councils get much more wrong than most drivers do!

Most Councils re-offer the discount if rejecting an early appeal received before day 14. And most people who appeal further win their case in the end, either before or at adjudication. It's just this early stage where it's a game to the Council and they reject pretty much all of them and dangle the carrot of the bargain 'discount' (NOT!).

But if you are desperate to just pay it without appeal then the '14 days' in fact only applies for 13 days if you 'count on' from the day of the PCN. That's because 'day one' is the 'PCN day' it was served.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hi All.

Thanks x

Who does it say to pay ?

If it's a council then appeal.

If it's a private parking company then ignore.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm not appealing because it's my fault entirely lol. Perhaps I'm a mug for being honest but I parked there after control hours and stayed with my missus overnight. Decided not to leave until one. Was going to leave at 11:30, and should have done, as the ticket was issued at 11:45.

In short: I put off putting gold in the meter.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I'm not appealing because it's my fault entirely lol. Perhaps I'm a mug for being honest but I parked there after control hours and stayed with my missus overnight. Decided not to leave until one. Was going to leave at 11:30, and should have done, as the ticket was issued at 11:45.

When i worked there about 10 years ago, if you appealed within 14 days, the ticket price remained 30 (now 25) until the appeal was decided upon - you could also get away with paying 5 quid less, as the system was so outdated it would write off a fiver.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

An honest man, i salute you :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Your call BUT in many cases the council hasn't followed the rules either. There are numerous cases of RTO's not being in place or signage not being Department of Transport approved. This is either down to council incompetence or the council wanting to save money. If the council don't stick to the rules why should drivers ?

I can show you signs in Hove that the adjudicator has told the council to alter - 5 years on still no change. Why ? Because too many people pay council tickets without checking they are valid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here