5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
hp-sauce_1318716c.jpg

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

A sports journalist, for a major newspaper.
Granted it could be non-sense, but i have stuck a few quid on it.

This is not a tip it is merely an opinion

I do not have opinions on horses, just passing over some info I was kindly given!
You guy's have won me money in the past. (not you Ernest!)
Bet or not it's your choice.
Do you have a better tip for that race?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Do you have a better tip for that race?

You don't even know what it is running against or even if it will run, you don't know what the going will be either. Nobody has insider info at the festival as every horse is trying for its life so as I say it is an opinion not a tip as you don't know what else is in the race or anything else that would enable you to make an informed guess.

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
You don't even know what it is running against or even if it will run, you don't know what the going will be either. Nobody has insider info at the festival as every horse is trying for its life so as I say it is an opinion not a tip as you don't know what else is in the race or anything else that would enable you to make an informed guess.

Like I said, I have no Knowledge when it comes to horses, I was given this name, of a young horse on a bit of a run, that should win. That is all.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, Shield is Irish which is a good start for the Bumper. Bumpers are National Hunt Flat races. At Cheltenham there is 1 Flat race out of 27 and it seen by the English trainers as a stepping stone to hurdling the following season. The Irish meanwhile take these races more seriously and have 4 flat races at the Punchestown festival. To that end, I think 9 out of the last 10 winners of this race have been Irish from a roughly 50% representation. If you can find an Irish horse which has won a big field race in the past, it's not a bad bet. Sheild came 1st of 10 in its last race but I've no idea if they plodded round for the first mile which, if they did, doesn't tell you much as the gallop will be much quicker at Cheltenham.

Whilst that may sound like I know what I am talking about My Antepost fancy Sizing Tennessee managed to get turned over at 1/2 in its last race and I don't think I've ever backed the winner of the race in 15 years of going to Cheltenham.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Fair dos but as I say it is not a race to bet in simply due to the fact you don't know the opposition and what they have got up their sleeves

Horses do not have sleeves Ernie

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I was actually told to back Shield in its next race, when I searched, the first one I found was Chelt Fest. ( I thought it was today, not next week!)
If Shield is running today or before next Weds, that was what the tip was intended for.

Ernest, is Shield running before then?

Sorrry for the mis-information!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Well, Shield is Irish which is a good start for the Bumper. Bumpers are National Hunt Flat races. At Cheltenham there is 1 Flat race out of 27 and it seen by the English trainers as a stepping stone to hurdling the following season. The Irish meanwhile take these races more seriously and have 4 flat races at the Punchestown festival. To that end, I think 9 out of the last 10 winners of this race have been Irish from a roughly 50% representation. If you can find an Irish horse which has won a big field race in the past, it's not a bad bet. Sheild came 1st of 10 in its last race but I've no idea if they plodded round for the first mile which, if they did, doesn't tell you much as the gallop will be much quicker at Cheltenham.

Whilst that may sound like I know what I am talking about My Antepost fancy Sizing Tennessee managed to get turned over at 1/2 in its last race and I don't think I've ever backed the winner of the race in 15 years of going to Cheltenham.

2 out of the last 3 winners were English trained

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If people posting 'tips' could provide a bit of background as to where the tip came from ie owner/trainer/jockey/journo/my granny/bloke in bookies/my cleaner/Me it would save us all a lot of bother & help to decide how much hard earned (if any) to invest

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
A sports journalist, for a major newspaper.
Granted it could be non-sense, but i have stuck a few quid on it.
If people posting 'tips' could provide a bit of background as to where the tip came from ie owner/trainer/jockey/journo/my granny/bloke in bookies/my cleaner/Me it would save us all a lot of bother & help to decide how much hard earned (if any) to invest

If people posting posts could read the whole thread first, it could save the O/P having to post another post to highlight the previous post, previously posted!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here