Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol song last night.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
What were they singing? It sounded something along the lines of "I watch Eastenders"... Even the steward I asked didnt have a clue..

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What were they singing? It sounded something along the lines of "I watch Eastenders"... Even the steward I asked didnt have a clue..

That was exactly what I thought they were singing.

That ole chant with the f***ing whistle really pissed me off.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
That was exactly what I thought they were singing.

That ole chant with the f***ing whistle really pissed me off.

Me too!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought it was "We Like Posh Eastenders"......etc etc etc

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Me three. It was only this incessant chant that got us singing towards the end of the 1st half, just to drown it out. It certainly wasn't the on pitch action that got us going.

Yes, we had a larger turnout last night than the Cardiff game (I suppose not as far to travel), but we were also rather quieter or subdued overall. A general lack of atmosphere, doubtless reflecting, and reinforced by, what was (not) happening on the pitch; one of the worst games I have ever seen!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Was Frank Butcher there conducting them.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Dec 29, 2011
Here's some fans from the newest Aussie Soccer team, Western Sydney Wanderers, the team was only formed about for 12 months or so, pretty veciferous fans expecially considering they've only been about a short while. Click through to around 2:45, they even sing/chant at a sensible tempo.

[yt]0b7EAm-LQmM[/yt]

700 Wanderers supporters descend on Melbourne! MVFC vs WSW (RBB pre-match chants) 16/02/2013 - YouTube

Stadium looks 30% full. The away fans remind me of a Italian league and Brazilian league hybrid.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Thankfully we were reminded by some bloke at the back to sing up, that if we 'just stand there' then so will they (the players)! And that we'll sing more on the train home!?

Same as, couldn't understand most of their chants and not sure of the Spanish ole Bristol City reference? Drum and whistle very annoying, thank god that isn't at the Amex!!

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Thankfully we were reminded by some bloke at the back to sing up, that if we 'just stand there' then so will they (the players)! And that we'll sing more on the train home!?

Same as, couldn't understand most of their chants and not sure of the Spanish ole Bristol City reference? Drum and whistle very annoying, thank god that isn't at the Amex!!

Thank god for the bloke up the back shouting that otherwise we would of stood in silence for the last 15!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Stadium looks 30% full. The away fans remind me of a Italian league and Brazilian league hybrid.

It's a 30K+ stadium, to be fair, football isn't the number one sport over there, the stadium is used by NRL (League) and SuperRugby (Union), but for such a small crowd, they do get behind the team pretty well. (despite the drum)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's a 30K+ stadium, to be fair, football isn't the number one sport over there, the stadium is used by NRL (League) and SuperRugby (Union), but for such a small crowd, they do get behind the team pretty well. (despite the drum)

Why do the fans hold up banners with their postcode on it ?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Yes, we had a larger turnout last night than the Cardiff game (I suppose not as far to travel), but we were also rather quieter or subdued overall. A general lack of atmosphere, doubtless reflecting, and reinforced by, what was (not) happening on the pitch; one of the worst games I have ever seen!

no we didn't. there were more at Cardiff....which was strange

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here