Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone use AutoCAD?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
At the moment, the team I work in are using Excel to produce diagrams (aircraft galley plans in particular) and calculate weights. It serves it's purpose and has done for a while, but it's a real faff if anything ever needs to be changed, because it's all made up of rows and columns and Excel was never really intended for drawing. However, it is great at calculating the weights and percentages. I'm looking to get a licence at work for AutoCAD software, but after a bit of searching, I can't seem to find out whether it has the same ability to calculate weights/figures in the same way Excel does? Anyone know?

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
You can insert Excel spreadsheets into an AutoCAD drawing if that is of any help, but I don't think AutoCAD has the ability to automatically calculate things for you.

There are quite a few versions of AutoCAD out there, so it may be best to speak to AutoDesk about your specific needs.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
If you want a system that can do such calculations for you Solid Works is much better. It is a 3D modelling suite & is much easier to use than AutoCAD IMHO plus it cabn be used to produce photo real renderings.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Only problem is that, as a large company, we generally have to go with what we've already got established licences for. I might have to try and get a trial copy and see if it does the job...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here