Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apprentice winner sues lord sugar

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Now look here miss Stella English you've had your 15 minutes of fame got paid £100,000 for one years work At sugar's Viglen IT division and now you want to sue the man for constructive dismissal
I feel so sorry for the poor girl she complained of being an overpaid lackey and also added "I was shunned by other staff and was provided with a desk and phone but that was pretty much it " :facepalm:

Reminds me a bit of monty python Life Of Brian
"Ooh what I wouldn't give for a desk and a chair "
He only hung me up the right way last week ,you lucky lucky bastard a desk and a chair

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] used to work for the same company as her and she was apparently not quite how she came across on TV.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] used to work for the same company as her and she was apparently not quite how she came across on TV.

To be honest I couldn't stand her on it , thought she only won it because the rest were numptys and then labelled herself the Ice maiden

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I remember reading about her "ordeal". I'm not sure who I find more unlikable, her or that woman who claimed she was "too beautiful". Both epitomise the phrase delusion in my opinion...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Alan Sugar looks like Grandad Simpson. Oh yes, he also provides sub standard quality goods.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Alan Sugar looks like Grandad Simpson. Oh yes, he also provides sub standard quality goods.

I'm not accepting that, this was a fine machine:

amstrad_cpc_6128.jpg

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
That's another TV programme that has run it's course. It's now repetitive and full of the same dullards series after series.

About time the Beeb pointed a porky finget at Alan Sugar and said .... "

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Junior Apprentice was the best, shame its cancelled.

Anyway, the point isn't the fact she was just given a desk and the like. It is the fact she went through all of this hoping to gain a job which gave real world skills, but she learned nothing, she pretty much has lost the ability to gain a job in the future.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You'll have to ask Sim for the details, I can't remember what he said.
She left several fairly pissed off people behind on our trading floor, for two reasons. Firstly, she was shunning people during her 15 minutes of fame. Secondly, she banged on and on about being the only woman on the floor and handling a male dominated environment, which really was utter horseshit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maybe the Beeb should start a new series 'The Employer'...''Sugar you useless shit, I'm not working for you'' ..just an idea

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why Sugar feels the need to do that show year after year is beyond me. Doesn't he have enough going on in his life? Go sit on a Carribbean beach and enjoy your money man.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why Sugar feels the need to do that show year after year is beyond me. Doesn't he have enough going on in his life? Go sit on a Carribbean beach and enjoy your money man.

It's his vanity project isn't it. The whole thing is about getting himself on TV.

I do feel a bit sorry for the contestants, most of the winners have said that you don't really get a proper job at the end of it. Regardless of whether you liked them or not, that really isn't on is it.

That said, they should all be intelligent enough to know that your just a pawn in sugar's game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Last week, it was about how Simster had worked with the winner of the Eastleigh by-election, now it's an Apprentice winner.

Has Sim worked with every person currently in the news? I look forward to his reminiscences of how Hugo Chavez failed to get his round in and how Cuneyt Cakir was a dirty bastard on the 5-a-side pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here