Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No player ratings for Bristol City thread yet?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Or am I totally blind?... If I have missed it then apologies and merge this with it please.

Kuszczak 7 - Some good saves, kept us in it not for the first time.

Calderon 6 - Tad shaky defensively but being played on the wrong side.
El-Abd 7 - Patted someone on the head and defended well the majority of the game.
Upson 8 - Absolutely immense again, get him signed up on a pre-contract.
Bruno 5 - Seems to have lost his form lately and also shaky defensively.

Bridcutt 6 - Not his best game but consistent none the less.
Hammond 4 - Got into good positions and did nothing, shocking effort with our best chance.
Lopez 5 - Gave the ball away so much, just an off day hopefully.
Orlandi 5 - Hopefully as above, just an off day but far from his best.
Buckley 4 - Worst game I've seem him have, hardly beat his man all night, control was poor.

Mackail-Smith 4 - Ran around a lot and fell over a lot, bad news about the injury, get well soon.
(Ulloa 5) - Won a few headers but generally poor, not up to Saturday's standards, nowhere near.

Poyet 3 - Appeared not to want to win.

Excellent work from the majority at the back, Barring Bridcutt the midfield were outmuscled for the entire game, piss poor up top, pretty much sums it up.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Talk about timing... I just enquired as to the whereabouts of this thread! :lolol:

Kuszczak 7 - Some good saves, kept us in it not for the first time.

Calderon 6 - Tad shaky defensively but being played on the wrong side.
El-Abd 7 - Patted someone on the head and defended well the majority of the game.
Upson 8 - Absolutely immense again, get him signed up on a pre-contract.
Bruno 5 - Seems to have lost his form lately and also shaky defensively.

Bridcutt 6 - Not his best game but consistent none the less.
Hammond 4 - Got into good positions and did nothing, shocking effort with our best chance.
Lopez 5 - Gave the ball away so much, just an off day hopefully.
Orlandi 5 - Hopefully as above, just an off day but far from his best.
Buckley 4 - Worst game I've seem him have, hardly beat his man all night, control was poor.

Mackail-Smith 4 - Ran around a lot and fell over a lot, bad news about the injury, get well soon.
(Ulloa 5) - Won a few headers but generally poor, not up to Saturday's standards, nowhere near.

Poyet 3 - Appeared not to want to win.

Excellent work from the majority at the back, Barring Bridcutt the midfield were outmuscled for the entire game, piss poor up top, pretty much sums it up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 7

Calderon 6
El-Abd 7
Upson 8
Bruno 5

Bridcutt 6
Hammond 5
Lopez 5
Orlandi 5
Buckley 5

Mackail-Smith 5
Ulloa 5

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Kusczcak 6
Bruno 5
El Abd 5
Upson 7
Calderon 5
Bridcutt 6
Hammond 5
Dave 5
Orlandi 5
Buckley 5
CMS 4
Ulloa 5

In summary, poor

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Player Ratings v Bristol (A)

Kuszczak 6 - couple of crosses to punch away but no tricky saves; we wouldn't have conceded with Nicky Rust in goal to be honest.

Calderon 5
El-Abd 6
Upson 8 - easily our MOM
Bruno 5

Bridcutt 4 - worst I've seen him play for us
Hammond 5
Lopez 7 - couple of great balls out if defence that we didn't capitalise on
Orlandi 5
Buckley 3 - looked either tired, not match fit or disinterested; can't understand why he played 90 mins with KLL on the bench.

Mackail-Smith 5 - put their defence under pressure with pace but no goal threat
Ulloa 6 - held ball up nicely at times but was isolated. Didn't have a decent cross to him and all 3 corners we had were poor delivery.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak 7 Didn't really do much except catch a couple of routine crosses and punch out a corner. But did it with confidence and no little style.
Bruno 6 He's got no hair, but has a magnificent moustache. We need to start to utilise his shiny dome on night games and sunny days.
Upson 8 The boy has class, and a Swiss bank account. I believe he also has a penchant for walnut whips.
El-Abd 8 Never underestimate the power of positive thinking. The sneaky street urchin.
Calderon 6 I bet he plays the guitar.
Bridcutt 5 Trains on a diet of cod liver oil and cod. I like his interesting hair style and his big tackle.
Spanish 5 Do we really need the Dave part of his name?
Hammond 5 [yt]fDWk0BCeblQ[/yt]
Orlandi 5 His cheeky grin lit up an otherwise cruel night.
Buckley 5 Has a roving eye and size 14 shoes.
CMS 5 Get well soon Macca

Bolton next, who I suspect will suit us better than Bristol Cider.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Kuszczak 5. An average game with little to do to be fair.

Swarthy fullback 5
Shortish bald cb 5
Tall cb with hair 6 probably mom (on the pitch.)
Bald fullback 3 and that's generous

Returning mid fielder 4
Southampton midfielder almost 4
Spanish bloke 4
Another Spanish bloke almost 5

Tall sluggish winger 3........and he was trying to get the fans to do more ! Honestly !!
Robot man 4

Hat trick man 4 more fouls than shots (obviously,as we didn't have any.)

Manager 3.Could have been 4 if he'd remembered we were allowed substitutes.

Charlie Oatway 10,revised upwards from my score on a previous thread.He shouted a lot and waved his arms about and put more into the game than the others.Probably be rested from the next game because of tiredness.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kusczcak 6
Bruno 5
El Abd 4
Upson 6
Calderon 4
Bridcutt 5
Hammond 3
Lopez 6
Orlandi 5
Buckley 4
CMS 4
Ulloa 5

Poyet 4

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kusczcak 6 Not much to do, but what he did was mostly with safe hands apart, from the rising shot he attempted to tip over the bar which resulted in him being challenged when catching it, and being shoved in to the goal.
Bruno 5 Allows anyone attacking his side of the pitch to always get a cross in by never closing them down,WHY?
El Abd 5 A bit headless at times but got a good head tap in.
Upson 7 Showed the rest how to do it especially with his tackle after El Abd's attempted pass back.
Calderon 5 Ok just.
Bridcutt 4 Worst game he's had in the strips
Hammond 3 Summed his display up when presented with the ball, on his own, in the area and allowed the ball to hit his head resulting in the ball bouncing to two waiting City players. The look on his face was one expected of someone being brought round from anaesthetic. Hopeless and sloth like.
Lopez 5 Ok just
Orlandi 5 Ok just
Buckley 1 Had the nerve to attempt to gee up an already noisy away support whilst giving f**k all himself. Succeeded in what looked his main objective of NOT attempting to go past any player/blade of grass/air particle. Only gets a 1 for getting his shirt the right way round.
CMS 4 Headless until his legs gave out.
Ulloa 5 Won more ball in the first 5 mins than CMS did all first half then caught the shit bug.

Poyet 1 Bullshitting about the need to win games and then makes no attempt to change things. What does Lua Lua need to do to get on. Puts players on the bench with absolutely no intention of ever using them. If we do get in to the play-offs I worry about his tactics over a two legged affair, we find it hard to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

These are the games we should be winning. Some will make the excuse the result as Bristol are "fighting" for their lives but the same should be about us we should be fighting for promotion. Added to which fatigue has been mentioned especially for Vicente. Fatigue my arse. 10 days to get over ninety minutes of running for Christ sake. Man up.

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'll give them all six as it was a battling performance even though it was one we never dominated and it turned into a midfield battle with that area of the pitch being over crowded.

Upson was the best player on the pitch and covered well for Adam on a couple of occassions and deserves an EIGHT.

It was an ugly performance but one I feel that Gus will be pleased with. Give some credit to the players as to a man they all worked bloody hard.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'll give them all six as it was a battling performance even though it was one we never dominated and it turned into a midfield battle with that area of the pitch being over crowded.

Upson was the best player on the pitch and covered well for Adam on a couple of occassions and deserves an EIGHT.

It was an ugly performance but one I feel that Gus will be pleased with. Give some credit to the players as to a man they all worked bloody hard.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I can't believe my eyes at ratings of 6 for Upson.
He was absolutely IMMENSE and saved a certain goal after El-Abd's horrendous back pass. For me he is the reason we walked out of Ashton Gate with a point and therefore has to earn himself at least a rating of 8.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player rating

Upson 7.33
Kuszczak 6.22
El Abd 5.89
Calderon 5.33
David Lopez 5.33
Bridcutt 5.11
Orlandi 5.11