Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

DS, Barket, Toby.A, and millions on the "acadamy."

0 Not allowed!
    whats the point in spending squillions on an academy, beacuase whenever a 1st teamer is injured we just go into the loan market.

if i was in the DS i would be looking to get to another club.......we don't promote youth talent at all.

how many chances has JFC got since coming back? 2 minutes?

why not rather spend the squillions on the academy on loan player wages if thats the clubs strategy.

i hate loans, a squad should be the squad, and if problems use the younger players......err, drumroll....that's how young players come throught.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      They need to get better then, simple.

The academy will give them the opportunity to get better, and will attract the better prospects.
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)
      AlecsGrandad

0 Not allowed!
      The Academy needs time to bring it up to the same standards as the rest of the club. Previously and throughout its entire history it was just preparing Sussex schoolboys for a League One team, now it gets players from all over and is trying to prepare them for a top Championship, maybe even a Premiership, team.

A good Academy is still worth spending the money on. Look at Southampton; off the top of my head in the last ten years or so they've produced Theo Walcott, Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana. The fees generated (and the fees saved by producing your own) more than justify the cost.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is the 'problem' for the whole club, fans included, but esp the dev squad.

These guys are no longer having to prove themselves to be on a par with, or a better prospect than (plucking name out of the air) Jeff Minton.

There's some seriously big boots to fill with no 'nothing' games to use for trialling the young'uns.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
      [Insert witty title here] shaolinpunk's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Here's a thought - maybe, just maybe, the academy is a long term plan to improve the quality of young players at the club in years to come.

If the DS isn't ready for the first team then they aren't ready. With top quality facilities and top quality coaches we should, hopefully, be able to get the best out of youngsters coming through the ranks.
      Error;; File 'KateUptonBouncing.gif' not loaded. Click HERE to open image
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

Re: DS, Barket, Toby.A, and millions on the "acadamy."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hybrid_x View Post
      whats the point in spending squillions on an academy, beacuase whenever a 1st teamer is injured we just go into the loan market.

if i was in the DS i would be looking to get to another club.......we don't promote youth talent at all.

how many chances has JFC got since coming back? 2 minutes?

why not rather spend the squillions on the academy on loan player wages if thats the clubs strategy.

i hate loans, a squad should be the squad, and if problems use the younger players......err, drumroll....that's how young players come throught.
      The academy isn't built yet, and when it is it will have a massive affect on the quality of the DS.

Unfortunately at present, the general quality of the DS isn't good enough for the top of the Championship - so unless we want the season to end in failure, we can't promote any strikers to the first team.

This doesn't mean we give up and don't spend the money to seriously upgrade it, and reap the rewards in future years.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Balogun, Kayal, Schelotto
      bring on the trumpets.... upthealbion1970's Avatar

DS, Barket, Toby.A, and millions on the "acadamy."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by shaolinpunk View Post
      Here's a thought - maybe, just maybe, the academy is a long term plan to improve the quality of young players at the club in years to come.

If the DS isn't ready for the first team then they aren't ready. With top quality facilities and top quality coaches we should, hopefully, be able to get the best out of youngsters coming through the ranks.
      All of this, as well as the 1st team having state of the art training facilities instead of using a public gym and uni field
      you are under arrest for killing the quattro
      Members

Re: DS, Barket, Toby.A, and millions on the "acadamy."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      ...and will attract the better prospects.
      I think you might be wrong there, if we get a reputation that we are reluctant to promote from within, prospects will select another club in what is already a very crowded market...... I am very gloomy about the prospects of any of those DS squad members getting near the first team in the foreseeable future.... I feel sorry for them really.
      "The sender likes a tune, he likes a melody, he likes a bit of feeling, a heartfelt sentiment, a little bit laddy, a little bit daddy, he [email protected]!"
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Can one of those moaning about these players not getting a chance tell me which of these players have gone out on loan and actually done anything? I seem to be think a few have been loaned out and struggled to get into the lower league teams they were loaned to. Am I wrong?
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      What academy?

We haven't got one.