Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great result tonight. Well I think so anyway

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
I thought tonight's result was great.

Playing against an in form team away, who rarely concede goals under their new manager at a old stadium who are fighting for there lives.
What's more to like.
Well done Gus and the boys.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not seen anyone slag off the result....... more the fact we had ZERO attempts at goal (on target or otherwise) and apparently about 30% of the ball (though stats are often wrong)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Considering we got through that round of games still in the playoff positions, I think we can be quite happy. Given that City have won four on the spin a point is not to be sniffed at, this had trap game written allover it. We played poorly but still added a point to the total. A point on saturday would see us retain our top six berth going into the Barnsley game, considering Bolton have also got four wins in four another point there would not be a disaster either.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The result actually flattered us.

We were terrible; often looked like the players had only met for the first time just before kick-off.

No fluency, countless mis-placed passes, too often passsing ball back instead of pushing forward to attack, no shots on goal.

I'm a (former) member of the 92 Club, so have seen some absolutely awful games in my life, but last night's game was up there (or down there) with them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Performances mean absolutely nothing now, its all about points, so I am pleased with any away point.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had it down for a draw last evening and still had us as 5th, the Leicester result was unexpected for me - never mind Boro.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Need to stay in the playoffs, auto is gone now so to play with no desire to win, merely not to lose and gain the point is not to be sniffed at. Other results mostly went our way so onwards and upwards, the rest of this season is unlikely to be pretty.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
as long as we stay in the play offs it is a good "round of games."

its not our result that matters, its wether we do as good as or better than our play off rivals.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought tonight's result was great.

Playing against an in form team away, who rarely concede goals under their new manager at a old stadium who are fighting for there lives.
What's more to like.
Well done Gus and the boys.

We were lucky to score zero. Truly the worst we've played this season.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Had it down for a draw last evening and still had us as 5th, the Leicester result was unexpected for me - never mind Boro.

Both Leicester and Boro have been bottling it recently. I think it was a good result given the performance but I am slightly worried about Forest who are playing well under Billy Davis. May prove an important point last night or two important ones dropped. Only time will tell.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I don't post much, but an NSC lurker, and read all the comments about last night, now a bit controversial I know, but do you think we have a lot of players with flair and not much else, apart from Upsom and Adam, no one else really battled last night, looked like city really wanted it, we did not want to battle. That really worry's me as the Play offs are a Battle, more than skill. And yes I was there and that was as poor as I have seen since Walsall away a few years back. By the way we would have lost to a good side, City were no great shakes.... Hope Bridcutt does not have a break again, he was awful last night, in fact apart from Pig, Upsom and Adam, they all were. Lets forget that game and move on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
S'OD left his highest scorer on the bench last night to park the bus, and succeeded. Watford & Forest lost at Ashton Gate recently so it was a point gained imo, albeit it an ugly point.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Certainly don't agree that there was no fight in the team. City were just stronger - big side who their manager admitted afterwards were happy to play for a draw. Their game plan was to be in our faces and stop us playing. Dreadful performance going forward but it happens. Bolton looks desperately difficult after that but then the game may suit us a lot more so you never know. Was very surprised we didn't try Lua Lua's bull in a china shop approach for the last 20 mins - seemed like the sort of game where he could have made an impact.

Still, a draw in a game where we played so badly is a good marker of how we've improved in the past couple of months.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Shit game all round but we got a point out of it where last year we would have lost this game.
Be positive and we are still rolling along nicely and not losing , come the end of the season no one will remember this non event and it will just be another point on the board

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here