Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCLs, Join Dates etc.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
People need to stop assuming that new members of NSC are JCL fans. It's not always the case and people get shouted down for starting threads just because of a year on the left of the screen. Ridiculous.

I actually like having new fans too, better discussion with it. As long as they don't text on me at the AMEX!

Dec 29, 2011
people get shouted down for starting threads just because of a year on the left of the screen

Who cares? People rarely listen to other peoples opinion anyway, if people think your opinion isn't valid because of your join date just ignore them because it must mean your argument was too strong (or stupid) to argue against :)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Who cares? People rarely listen to other peoples opinion anyway, if people think your opinion isn't valid because of your join date just ignore them because it must mean your argument was too strong (or stupid) to argue against :)

Haha just a few things I saw tonight caught my eye. Plenty of 2003ers seem to think its their website.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
People need to stop assuming that new members of NSC are JCL fans. It's not always the case and people get shouted down for starting threads just because of a year on the left of the screen. Ridiculous.

I actually like having new fans too, better discussion with it. As long as they don't text on me at the AMEX!

It's not reserved for JCLs - everyone gets their posts shouted down at sometime or another. Some people just need to man up.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
You wait until the spell checkers shout you down for putting a comma in the wrong place.

Where are you Professor Apostroph'y

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I judge a post on merit not join date.

Most, if not all of the long term posters tend to post worthy threads simply because they've been here for the long haul and are likely to be more aware of what is more likely to get shot down for being drivel.

Also, the old school members have seen all of the "fixture" threads that appear 5 minutes after the same thread has fallen off the 3rd page and don't often seem to post on those threads.

It takes all sorts to make up a good forum and there have been loads of good new members join up in the last couple of years. I think that this is probably one of the best football forums available so either enjoy it or join one of the other available Albion forums out there.

I was an avid reader of NSC for quite some time before I signed up. This place has it's fair share of fickle fans as does the club in general. The JCL thing is always used as an excuse to make people think that they are better fans but we all know how long and how much we care about the club. Unfortunately, I can't make many games due to work so I daresay, can't be a very good supporter but hey ho, that's life.

Don't get so wound up about it. Join date is no big deal.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Agree with the sentiment but the trouble is so many threads are started by people who have late joining dates that are complete toss. People's reaction to an away point last night is a case in point. Also previous threads back in December when we were on a bad run was a joke. Most of the posts were from 2012 joining date posters, in those instances they deserve all the shit they get.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
been supporting the albion since we got our new stadium, and although i expect better, things have been going ok, but i want prem football soon, we're too big for championship, if not, sack gus

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
been supporting the albion since we got our new stadium, and although i expect better, things have been going ok, but i want prem football soon, we're too big for championship, if not, sack gus
:fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here