Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why No Change?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Gus plays to win not draw that is what he is made of.

Tonight we saw a 0-0 on the cards all the way through the game. Gus made not one change other than the forced sub.

This is not a moan because in Gus we trust but from behind the radio I was screaming for a change of some sort. So why not?........................ are we looking too far ahead to the Palace game?.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't believe that Gus values 3 points against Palace anymore than any other win, so I've no idea what the lack of subs was all about tonight. Buckley in particular was screaming out to be replaced.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Don't understand either. For a man who said we would play to win for the rest of the season, and to have played for 70 mins with no shots on target or off target, and 33% possession against the team bottom in the league, and ambitions to be in the play offs, I thought we were screaming out for a change in the last 20mins. Sometimes I don't understand Gus. Still, win the next 2, and it all forgotten.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Ok not just me then. However I am determined to keep this positive and not a moan. We are at a stage now where bottom of the league sides will be very tough to beat and maybe we are not giving enough credit to Bristol. Still would have made a change though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol City had won 4 in a row at home hadn't they? Win at home, draw away. That'll do it. Beat Bolton saturday, or draw, and we are still well placed.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes, we should always want to beat teams at the bottom but it isn't so easy.

Jimmy Grimble

Would hope one of the journalists asks Gus why he saw fit not to make any subs in the second half. Genuinely interested in the thinking behind it.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Bristol City had won 4 in a row at home hadn't they? Win at home, draw away. That'll do it. Beat Bolton saturday, or draw, and we are still well placed.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes, we should always want to beat teams at the bottom but it isn't so easy.

Agree but that is not my point. 23,000 ST holders would have made an attacking change would they not?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agree but that is not my point. 23,000 ST holders would have made an attacking change would they not?

Yep, we'll worry about the tactics Gus, you just keep an eye on them during the week.

I don't disagree with you, but Gus' opinion matters. Ours is just for argument and theory. I love the argument and theory, but my point is it is easy for us to say it.

What game was it last season we had everyone back defending a free kick but because everyone screamed and kicked off, someone went forward and then the opposition scored from that freekick and Gus gestured to us all how wrong we were. Watford?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Don't remember the example but agree with your comments. Life would be dull without speculation and opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here