Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to get rid of LuaLua...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
...For his own good, Gus clearly doesn't want to use him despite the fact Buckley was awful (again) tonight and Bristol were knackered in the last 10 minutes, if ever there was a game set up for him then today was it, clubs should be queuing up to loan him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Been poor all season. Probably best for him to move on if he wants game time. Quality League One player, nothing special at this level.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He needs game time, Orlandi and Spanish Dave playing well doesnt help his chances. Could do with a loan out to be honest.

Hate to say it, he needs one of them to be injured.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Been poor all season. Probably best for him to move on if he wants game time. Quality League One player, nothing special at this level.

How many minutes has he played this season? Presumably you missed the game against Millwall when he single-handedly turned the game round. Poyet obviously has some kind of issue with him. He's a great talent, sadly under-used.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Changed the game at Charlton when he came on, and then was shit in the next game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many minutes has he played this season? Presumably you missed the game against Millwall when he single-handedly turned the game round. Poyet obviously has some kind of issue with him.

Probably more to do with his off the field antics. Are we up to 3 court cases now, or still on 2 ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

He always looks dangerous when he comes on. Against Millwall in particular he was spectacular. He has not been given a run in the side all season - lots of wingers need game time to get in form. Buckley has been poor recently, and LuaLua should have been given a chance. He can create something out of nothing and is always really positive in the way he approaches a game, but I guess that doesn't Gus Poyet's style too much. Whenever I see him play he always seems to have a lot of quality on the ball. Personally I'd like to see him play much more.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
People have short memories.

Not long ago he absolutely RAN Millwall after coming on after half an hour and won us a point from 2 down. That shortly after doing the same at Charlton.

He's started a couple of games and not been great. Buckley has started most games and not been great.

The management of LuaLua has been almost as bad as the off field stuff. Wingers are erratic. That's just how it is. If LuaLua comes on, has a good game, Gus starts him. Then if he doesn't do much in his first hour, he's dropped again for the next 2 months. Absolute madness.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I actually think he is potentially a better player than Buckley, he just doesn't get the chance to prove it. Can take a wicked free-kick too. Buckley has done nothing in the last few games, it's ridiculous that he should be kept on the bench.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Certainly doesn't get the chances others get, for whatever reason. More often than not, looks dangerous when he comes on. Seems to have been out of favour for quite a while now. Shame as I really believe he is what fans want to see, someone running at defenders and making things happen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Def keep. Game changer. Buckley was v good on Sat mate...

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
...For his own good, Gus clearly doesn't want to use him despite the fact Buckley was awful (again) tonight and Bristol were knackered in the last 10 minutes, if ever there was a game set up for him then today was it, clubs should be queuing up to loan him.

Think he has the shits

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
well, i can tell you his house is up for rent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here