Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus promised he would go for it and attempt to win every match ?? LIAR........

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Doesn't bring on Lua Lua or Jake....... And your all applauding a 0-0 draw with bottom of the table !!!! No guts no GLORY !! we won't get what we deserve because our manager has no bottle ........ Forest will take our spot in playoffs

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Oh for f*** sake - we are still in the play-offs, they defended their arses off - you cant break through a stubborn defence.

We were EXACTLY the same, defence was mainly solid and they didnt get a shot either. Now wake up and smell the coffee.

Knob Jockey!

My thoughts exactly.

flying high

May 12, 2009
Doesn't bring on Lua Lua or Jake....... And your all applauding a 0-0 draw with bottom of the table !!!! No guts no GLORY !! we won't get what we deserve because our manager has no bottle ........ Forest will take our spot in playoffs

call yourself a fan

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
call yourself a fan

Yes one whos watched for 35 years and spends 3k a season on ST's And at least £120 on drink and food every home game.

You can't rely on other teams to slip up to judge our own performance.

How the hell does Lua Lua and Jake stay on the bench against the bottom side if our manager says he is going for wins because draws are not acceptable ? He said that not me !

It's 2 points dropped with Bolton and Barnsley away then Palace he should have gone all out for 3 points tonight .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And another one who despite going for 35 years doesn't understand the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes one whos watched for 35 years and spends 3k a season on ST's And at least £120 on drink and food every home game.

How the hell does Lua Lua and Jake stay on the bench against the bottom side if our manager says he is going for wins because draws are not acceptable ? He said that not me !

It's 2 points dropped with Bolton and Barnsley away then Palace he should have gone all out for 3 points tonight .

Are you a top fan who's got the best seat and spends the most ...there's someone on another thread you have some thing in common with lol

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Are you a top fan who's got the best seat and spends the most ...there's someone on another thread you have some thing in common with lol

I am very much a fan and even if I only paid for my own ST I would feel the same.

while all of you have chosen to attack me for the quote no one has actually answered why our manager who is quoted as saying draws are not enough never made any changes to try and change it up and win it !!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am very much a fan and even if I only paid for my own ST I would feel the same.

while all of you have chosen to attack me for the quote no one has actually answered why our manager who is quoted as saying draws are not enough never made any changes to try and change it up and win it !!!

Something to do with the way you tell them...I have no idea why u felt the need to quote the amount you spend on food and drink to back up being a fan...and wasn't me who said you weren't ...but I do think you need to chill out a bit

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Ward1971 - you talk sense about Gus's promise compared to what he served up ; annoyance about the evening's let down, is being vented against you as a perceived traitor.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ward1971 - you talk sense about Gus's promise compared to what he served up ; annoyance about the evening's let down, is being vented against you as a perceived traitor.

Maybe some of us don't worry about one game which we drew...against our previous matches when we've won...and understand a bit about football...no one said he was a traitor..far from it ..that's a word u dragged up which is completely irrelevant

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I do recall our manager saying something along those lines, a few weeks ago. The OP is only quoting Poyet himself, is he not???......Fact is, it's a myth that Poyet is a flair attack minded manager. He has always been safety first and to be fair our defencive record is second to none. But by christ it is f***ing dull and boring to watch sometimes. Will it ultimately succeed???..We will have to wait and see but there will come a time we will need to score goals, against far better teams then Huddersfield.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I do recall our manager saying something along those lines, a few weeks ago. The OP is only quoting Poyet himself, is he not???......Fact is, it's a myth that Poyet is a flair attack minded manager. He has always been safety first and to be fair our defencive record is second to none. But by christ it is f***ing dull and boring to watch sometimes. Will it ultimately succeed???..We will have to wait and see but there will come a time we will need to score goals, against far better teams then Huddersfield.

Yes he is quoting Poyet since he made that statement we haven't done too badly ..and let's face it Kevin you go on about his failings week after week....and no I don't think he's perfect far from it...but f*** we drew tonight...fortnight ago we beat the top side it's going a tad over the top to suddenly attack Poyet and his 'promise' ....but do carry on

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And another one who despite going for 35 years doesn't understand the game.

well i cant say i have 35 years to base this on, but no shots on goal isnt going to help win games, gain points and strive for promotion. really dont see why people giving a hard time to those that want to see more.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes he is quoting Poyet since he made that statement we haven't done too badly ..and let's face it Kevin you go on about his failings week after week....and no I don't think he's perfect far from it...but f*** we drew tonight...fortnight ago we beat the top side it's going a tad over the top to suddenly attack Poyet and his 'promise' ....but do carry on

I've been fairly positive lately lol....But Poyet reverted to type tonight and the performance was there for all to see. We are still in the box seat because other teams failed, that is a fact. Hopefully we will remain there but Forest are coming with a wet sail. Before tonight's game I felt Bristol, Barnsley and Peterboro would be three very important games for our play off hopes. I felt we needed 7 pts from them three games, which we can still achieve but not if we don't have a shot on goal we can't. Our lack of adventure going forward will be our undoing and the most frustrating thing, is the amount of attacking players we have at our disposal, yet not losing games seems more important than winning them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

:bowdown: You, sir, are a true HERO.

Maybe if we went out for all three points we might have ended up with none. Then you would REALLY be having a moan...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes you have been positive so maybe I'm being hard on you....the point I would make is that the team he put out there at the start was a positive lineup...if the players don't do it ...you then analyse why..maybe Bristol City were just better then us on the night...if we had drawn all the games since he came out with his infamous statement then questions would be asked ...but it hasn't happened has it...and the football hasn't been boring :)

RE the three away games I agree they are so important and it's a pain to see so much about the palace game these matches need to be played first...the target would be 6/7 points...but then look how it went recently...we would have expected to beat BLackburn and probably lose at CArdiff or draw at best...Forest look a very capable side and BOltons late winner did us no favours...but we aren't the only ones looking over our shoulders ...Leicester must be crapping themselves..and look at MIddlesbro ..down to 8th....I try not to get too carried away when we win or lose...but there's going to be a fair number of twists and turns yet...now that is exciting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here