Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV - Roy Keane good / Southgate crap

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Roy Keane brilliant in his honesty. Totally unbiased. The rest of the team, including journeyman Southgate so unsubtly tilted towards the 'english' club in the post mortem .... The refs fault.

Keane put Southgate down with the cutting "Nani's the first one to go down easily", to which there was no reply.

Dandyman

In London village.
Spot on. Keane should be applauded for his honesty.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's totally wrong about the sending off though.

Thats nowhere near in the same league as a two footed challenge or viscously going over the top of the ball.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Keane just trying to be controversial - under orders from ITV to liven things up/take opposite view. Done nothing since playing days.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
If Nani does that tackle at knee height, people complain how it's a leg breaking tackle etc. The fact it was up just above his hip surely doesn't suddenly make it not so bad?! On first watch live I thought yellow fair enough, upon seeing the ref you can see why he gave the red. That doesn't mean I think it's a dead cert red without a shadow of a doubt, however Nani has given the ref the option to send him off in fairness.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's one of those decisions, can be a yellow, can be a red. Looked bad but, United and Fergie did not do themselves any favours at the final whistle. United are renowned for being bad losers.
I hope UEFA take a dim view and ban Duckface for one, for clapping the ref like that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Keane is an absolute cock and got it wrong.

He's hated with an intensity at Ipswich where they know just how bad he really is.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What was a clearer red, Danns or Nani? If Vaughan had caught el Abd in the face on Saturday instead of scoring should he have gone?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Thank christ for Keane.

Average PL central defender Southgate, has had plum jobs at ITV and the FA, and is just sooooooooo boring. No insight and always says the nice things about the PL contenders so as not to lose friends in the game.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
755E1D47-68BF-4D2A-A4FF-1B9E4E5BCDCB-2161-000001A75B5B6001.jpg

Roy 'tackling' Gus.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
roy is not dull but he is also not sane or correct.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's never a red, any overhead kick that connects with a player is now surely a red too ?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I watched on Dutch TV, they weren't at all pro Utd. but were all sure it wasn't a red (commentator and pundits after the match).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here