Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak keen to stay with Seagulls [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Kuszczak keen to stay with Seagulls[/h]2:00pm Tuesday 5th March 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2307442.jpg
Tomasz Kuszczak has another year on his contract at the end of the season
Tomasz Kuszczak says he would welcome the chance to prolong his career with Albion.
Kuszczak will have 12 months left on his contract at the end of the season after joining the Seagulls from Manchester United on a two-year deal last summer.
The in-form Polish keeper revealed to The Argus: “I feel good here. If the club decide to give me an opportunity to stay longer and play for Brighton, of course I’m going to be really happy and we are going to discuss that.
“I haven’t had any calls yet. That’s why it’s difficult to talk about!”
Kuszczak, approaching his 31st birthday, has played a key role in the challenge for promotion to the Premier League.
The sixth-placed Seagulls face bottom club Bristol City at Ashton Gate tonight boasting the second-best defensive record in the Championship.
Kuszczak has kept 11 clean sheets in 33 outings and was outstanding in recent wins against the top two Cardiff and Hull and Burnley.
Albion will be keen to extend his contract and former Manchester United and West Brom custodian Kuszczak has targeted a return to the top flight with them.
He said: “The plan for this season is to go up to the Premier League and we are coming to the most important part of the season. Every game counts and I am looking forward to it.
“I hope we are going to do well, keep going like we are now. It’s the small step forward that will just make the difference, the step to the Premier League.
“If we go there eventually then everything will be fantastic. I am 100% sure this club is prepared. I love to be part of something big, which is starting to be built at this club. That’s why I am very happy here.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here