Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another example of why this is the best club in the World (IMHO)

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
We had my son's 7th birthday party at the Amex on Sunday morning.

Picture the scene - we were directed to park in the coach park and walk down the steps to the West Stand Reception. Now, I'm a season ticket holder in the East Lower so was rather excited myself at the prospect of going to a different area to start with, and my son, who has so far only been to a couple of games, was getting rather excited even at this early stage, as was Mrs FBS and my 10 year old daughter.

As we approached the reception entrance, we noticed a large array of players cars parked up outside (including Barnes' Smart Car!!!) and realised with a further surge of excitement that the players were all in for training at the same time as junior FBS' party - 10.00am start. As if the sight of various players arriving at the same time as us and the other 14 kids was not exciting enough, what happened later was frankly the icing on the proverbial cake (not to be confused with the rather smart BHAFC shirt - shaped cake supplied by the club for the party).

Included in the cost of the two hour party (as well as said BHAFC cake) is a behind the scenes tour of the West Stand facilities, including changing rooms, press conference room, etc., plus a mini five-a-side tournament in the indoor astro-turf warm-up area, culminating in party food and music in the away dressing room (somewhat less luxurious than the home changing room!) and a visit from Gully to present junior FBS with a new kit (shirt, shorts & socks) with his name and age on the back of the shirt.

All of this was, in my opinion, fantastic value for money.

On arrival, Ian, the organiser, and our guide for the proceedings (ably assisted by Dale) firstly offered his apologies that we would not be able to see the home changing room as the players were likely to be in and out of there all morning. Not a problem, I said, as I'm sure the fact that we might get to see them on the pitch for a couple of minutes would make up for it.

So, we looked round the trophy cabinet, function suites and then up to the top of the West Stand where some of the kids had their first sight of the inside of the stadium and the pitch - the look on their faces and the gasps of awe were just fantastic! Ian then proceeded to give us short talk about the history of the stadium (did you know the electricty bill is c£250,000 per month?!?) but was interrupted by a certain Mr Oatway (senior) shouting up from the pitch to let us know that we were welcome to pop into the changing room as they were going to be out of there for ten minutes.

So, off we went (in the lift this time) back down to ground level and through the matchday press room (very nice too) and into the corridor that leads to the dressing room, past the kit and laundry room (where a nice lady showed us Ulloa's hat-trick shirt freshly washed and dried) and onto the dressing room, where we were ushered in but asked politely not to disturb CMS who was having a massage (he still said hi to us all though - cue much swooning by FBS sister-in-law!) and into the main changing room where Paul Watson was busy doing something to someone's kit (not sure what!) but was happy to stop and say hi as well.

So, onwards out the tunnel and pitchside where everyone could have their turn at sitting in Gus and Tanno's seats and watch some of the players training (great volley from Gus which ended up in the top row of the North Stand, much to the amusement of all present!) then back inside to play football for half an hour.

Whilst waiting turns to go into the warm-up room, we were lucky enough to see most of the players coming and going, including Vicente who smiled sweetly at everyone, waved and said hello and then Adam El Abd and Dean Hammond who stopped to ask the kids if they were having a good time, swiflty followed by Ashley Barnes, Gary Dicker and Will Buckley. Tanno got in on the act too and Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Brezovan then, for me the highlight of the morning, was Gus coming out specifically to see us and say hello and insisting on posing for a group photo with all the kids and then with me on my own!

A lot of negative stuff is said about footballers but I have to say every single player and member of staff we saw on Sunday was fantastic and we could not have imagined how great the party could have been. Without exception, every single kid went home and told their parents it was the best party they'd ever been to and apparently one kid who turned up wearing a Chelsea kit went home and replaced his Chelsea bedroom posters with Brighton stuff from the party bag (and free matchday programme) and informed his parents that he is now a Brighton supporter! I suspect on the evidence of Sunday's experience that he won't be the only one!

Forgive the waffling, but I just wanted to share this experience with you. I will of course send a letter of thanks directly to the Club and my son is also writing his own letter.

I bloody love The Albion!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm 40 years old.

I WISH your son had invited ME to his birthday party.

Seriously, that all sounds superb.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Hmmm, sounds good. Do you think I could organise a party there for my dad? He's currently 53 1/2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mmm, my daughter is 7 this year. No darling, you can't have a princesses party.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove

Picture the scene - we were directed to park in the coach park and walk down the steps to the West Stand Reception. Now, I'm a season ticket holder in the East Lower so was rather excited myself at the prospect of going to a different area to start with, and my son, who has so far only been to a couple of games, was getting rather excited even at this early stage, as was Mrs FBS and my 10 year old daughter.

As we approached the reception entrance, we noticed a large array of players cars parked up outside (including Barnes' Smart Car!!!) and realised with a further surge of excitement that the players were all in for training at the same time as junior FBS' party - 10.00am start. As if the sight of various players arriving at the same time as us and the other 14 kids was not exciting enough, what happened later was frankly the icing on the proverbial cake (not to be confused with the rather smart BHAFC shirt - shaped cake supplied by the club for the party).

Included in the cost of the two hour party (as well as said BHAFC cake) is a behind the scenes tour of the West Stand facilities, including changing rooms, press conference room, etc., plus a mini five-a-side tournament in the indoor astro-turf warm-up area, culminating in party food and music in the away dressing room (somewhat less luxurious than the home changing room!) and a visit from Gully to present junior FBS with a new kit (shirt, shorts & socks) with his name and age on the back of the shirt.

On arrival, Ian, the organiser, and our guide for the proceedings (ably assisted by Dale) firstly offered his apologies that we would not be able to see the home changing room as the players were likely to be in and out of there all morning. Not a problem, I said, as I'm sure the fact that we might get to see them on the pitch for a couple of minutes would make up for it.

So, we looked round the trophy cabinet, function suites and then up to the top of the West Stand where some of the kids had their first sight of the inside of the stadium and the pitch - the look on their faces and the gasps of awe were just fantastic! Ian then proceeded to give us short talk about the history of the stadium (did you know the electricty bill is c£250,000 per month?!?) but was interrupted by a certain Mr Oatway (senior) shouting up from the pitch to let us know that we were welcome to pop into the changing room as they were going to be out of there for ten minutes.

So, off we went (in the lift this time) back down to ground level and through the matchday press room (very nice too) and into the corridor that leads to the dressing room, past the kit and laundry room (where a nice lady showed us Ulloa's hat-trick shirt freshly washed and dried) and onto the dressing room, where we were ushered in but asked politely not to disturb CMS who was having a massage (he still said hi to us all though - cue much swooning by FBS sister-in-law!) and into the main changing room where Paul Watson was busy doing something to someone's kit (not sure what!) but was happy to stop and say hi as well.

So, onwards out the tunnel and pitchside where everyone could have their turn at sitting in Gus and Tanno's seats and watch some of the players training (great volley from Gus which ended up in the top row of the North Stand, much to the amusement of all present!) then back inside to play football for half an hour.

Whilst waiting turns to go into the warm-up room, we were lucky enough to see most of the players coming and going, including Vicente who smiled sweetly at everyone, waved and said hello and then Adam El Abd and Dean Hammond who stopped to ask the kids if they were having a good time, swiflty followed by Ashley Barnes, Gary Dicker and Will Buckley. Tanno got in on the act too and Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Brezovan then, for me the highlight of the morning, was Gus coming out specifically to see us and say hello and insisting on posing for a group photo with all the kids and then with me on my own!

A lot of negative stuff is said about footballers but I have to say every single player and member of staff we saw on Sunday was fantastic and we could not have imagined how great the party could have been. Without exception, every single kid went home and told their parents it was the best party they'd ever been to and apparently one kid who turned up wearing a Chelsea kit went home and replaced his Chelsea bedroom posters with Brighton stuff from the party bag (and free matchday programme) and informed his parents that he is now a Brighton supporter! I suspect on the evidence of Sunday's experience that he won't be the only one!

Forgive the waffling, but I just wanted to share this experience with you. I will of course send a letter of thanks directly to the Club and my son is also writing his own letter.

A cms on electricity each year:ohmy: NO WONDER WE ARE LOSING 8 MILLION A YEAR???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Great read, nothing to forgive, it wasn't waffle!

Must be getting sentimental, it brought a slight tear to my eye

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

This is amazing. You went in THE LIFT!!!

Seriously, good job all. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here