Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hollaway on a billboard in Streatham

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Travelling back from Victoria via National Express on Sunday night, we stopped at traffic lights in Streatham and this monstrosity was staring at me!

20130303_222103.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Red & Blue army is a little short of troops I'd say.

Probably the military equivalent of Malta.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Red & Blue army is a little short of troops I'd say.

Probably the military equivalent of Malta.

I was thinking Monaco would be more accurate :lol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Graffiti is frowned upon people , however..

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I pass that wretched thing every single day. :sick: There was one even closer to my house, no more than a minute's walk (mercifully not visible to me) a while back, plugging their infamous '2 for 1' Groupon thingy. One of the drawbacks of living where I do, unfortunately.

I can't tell you how tempting it's been to take a marker/knife to both of them, but a) I'm a law-abiding soul and b) there are cameras absolutely everywhere around the High Road, so anybody who succumbed to said temptation would get seen doing it for absolute certain. :annoyed:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If it's awful to have this is Palace's catchment area, presumably it would be equally awful if we had something similar featuring Gus across the front of the fire station.

I think it would be great, so I can't really criticise Palace.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I pass that wretched thing every single day. :sick: There was one even closer to my house, no more than a minute's walk (mercifully not visible to me) a while back, plugging their infamous '2 for 1' Groupon thingy. One of the drawbacks of living where I do, unfortunately.

I can't tell you how tempting it's been to take a marker/knife to both of them, but a) I'm a law-abiding soul and b) there are cameras absolutely everywhere around the High Road, so anybody who succumbed to said temptation would get seen doing it for absolute certain. :annoyed:

Man up you know it makes sense.

PS buy a balaclava.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I'm not far from you up in Gipsy Hill just below Palace. Seen a few of them about. They have I think advertised in the Standard although to be fair, West Ham do a lot as well touting their corporate stuff.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
PS buy a balaclava.

How long do you think it would take for the police, if it came to that, to come knocking on my door anyway? Registered Brighton fan living in Streatham? I'd be stitched up like a kipper, guv, an' no mistake. You don't even have to look at it daily, old chap – if it bothers you that much, I gather Paul Bruton does a nice line in exactly that piece of 'guerilla-art wear'.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
How long do you think it would take for the police, if it came to that, to come knocking on my door anyway? Registered Brighton fan living in Streatham? I'd be stitched up like a kipper, guv, an' no mistake. You don't even have to look at it daily, old chap – if it bothers you that much, I gather Paul Bruton does a nice line in exactly that piece of 'guerilla-art wear'.

Mate you will be fine - some woman phoned the police 5 times and said she was gonna kill someone - they never bothered turning up. Do it:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Premiership plastics in the SE postcode areas that they're trying to attract probably wouldn't have a clue who Ian Holloway was (in spite of Blackpool's recent top flight season), which team the 'red and blue army' bit is referring to or what division Palace play in, so it's a complete waste of time. At least our own Premiership plastic converts would have heard of Gustavo Poyet because he once played for Chelsea and Spurs, even if they'd never heard of BHAFC before last season. Say what you like about Palace (and I often do), but I have nothing but respect for their fans, true fans who eschew the SKY Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs experience in favour of supporting their local club.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The Premiership plastics in the SE postcode areas that they're trying to attract probably wouldn't have a clue who Ian Holloway was (in spite of Blackpool's recent top flight season), which team the 'red and blue army' bit is referring to or what division Palace play in, so it's a complete waste of time. At least our own Premiership plastic converts would have heard of Gustavo Poyet because he once played for Chelsea and Spurs, even if they'd never heard of BHAFC before last season. Say what you like about Palace (and I often do), but I have nothing but respect for their fans, true fans who eschew the SKY Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs experience in favour of supporting their local club.

Thank you botty I think :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here