Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornwall with Caroline Quentin

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I dont suppose many people watched this last night but it was on in the background .... anyhoo ... Caroline (annoying laugh) went out Lobster fishing on a boat and "helped" to pull in one of the lobster pots. She then asked if she could hold one , cue the lid of the pot being lifted and one lucky victim being pulled out ... imagine my surprise when every single (or married) lobster had thoughtfully placed rubber bands around their claws before climbing into the pot ... and they say dolphins are intelligent !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poor old Cornwall having the Croydon Crone descend upon you.

In a similar vein, I was out in a charter boat fishing and had a great chat with the skipper. He said that one day Jack Hargreaves came down with a team to film him going Cod fishing in the Solent. Trouble was, it was a really crap day and they never had a sniff of a Cod, as the day wore on the film crew became increasingly desperate to get something " In the Can " for the programme.

So, they resorted to calling up all the local charter boats that were out in the hope that theywere in to Cod.... eventually a skipper radioed to say one of the anglers on his boat had just landed about a 15 lber. The film crew said keep it alive, we are on our way to you asap....Well the film crew said they wanted film of Jack landing the Cod but the angler who had caught it said " No way are you putting my best ever Cod back in the water to risk losing it for poxy Out Of Town "

However, a deal was struck, for a fee the angler consented for the Cod to go back in the water to be filmed being landed by Jack, however, only those on board new that that the half dead Cod had about 5 hooks tied to 50lb line rammed down its throat before it went back in to be filmed !

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I dont suppose many people watched this last night but it was on in the background .... anyhoo ... Caroline (annoying laugh) went out Lobster fishing on a boat and "helped" to pull in one of the lobster pots. She then asked if she could hold one , cue the lid of the pot being lifted and one lucky victim being pulled out ... imagine my surprise when every single (or married) lobster had thoughtfully placed rubber bands around their claws before climbing into the pot ... and they say dolphins are intelligent !

Actually, she did say the pot was used as "storage", to keep lobsters fresh that had already been caught. They were only retrieving them not catching them. Dreadful programme though, only about 10-15 minutes of "new" stuff each week.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
When Caroline Quentin said to the chef, “Are you trying to make me look small?”, the chef should have replied, “I’m a chef, not a miracle-worker.”

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Apart from the scenery that you catch glimpses of in the background, I don't think she's doing much to attract people too Cornwall especially if she is there.
The Pub She went to in the Helford River one week is a stunning bit of Cornwall all you saw was the Pub. There is another further up on the way to Truro.................Oh.......... it's all stunning.
Smugglers Cottage at Kernow further up the Fal.

60000502.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Actually, she did say the pot was used as "storage", to keep lobsters fresh that had already been caught. They were only retrieving them not catching them. Dreadful programme though, only about 10-15 minutes of "new" stuff each week.

Correct.Without the rubber bands ,the lobsters will have a go at each other.
Love Cornwall and we are going down to Padstow again soon for our first visit of the year.
Very strange programme;it really is so short it hardly seems worth all the trouble of making it!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Cornwall is a fabulous county, but this programme is a dogs dinner and I just don't thin Quentin is suited to this job.... I do think Adam whatshisface has done a great job with ITV though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here