Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Series started last night on ITV1.

I'm not usually someone who will sit down and watch these sort of drama's but this is a must watch if you haven't seen the first episode already.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Series started last night on ITV1.

I'm not usually someone who will sit down and watch these sort of drama's but this is a must watch if you haven't seen the first episode already.

Have to say I agree with you. For some reason I have never really had the patience to get into dramas like this before, but I found it really easy to watch. The acting was good too.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Most of the outside scenes were filmed in Clevedon, a severnside town near me as bout fifteen miles south of Bristol, caused a stir when they were filming.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I found it a really interesting watch and everything is nicely set up for everyone to have something they want to remain hidden.

Also, I have a mancrush on David Tennant. :love:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I found it pretty upsetting, can't really handle stuff with kids getting harmed and whilst the story wasn't the best I thought the mother of the victim played the part very well (and the female would-be DI too).

Jimmy Grimble

Thought it was good for the most part.

Didn't think the family mourning scenes were captured that fantastically. Can't imagine they are easy to though. Also felt it was a little bit 'jumpy' too often from one moment in time to another, which meant it lost a bit of fluency and therefore certain moments - like the family mourning scene - weren't as effective as they could have been.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Will definitely carry on watching.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Mrs Greaves and I enjoyed it, though I found at times with the West Country accents that I was expecting Nick Frost to turn up and for it to turn into Hot Fuzz 2! Which meant it didn't quite have the gravitas that I'm sure the production team were trying to convey!...

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Mrs Greaves and I enjoyed it, though I found at times with the West Country accents that I was expecting Nick Frost to turn up and for it to turn into Hot Fuzz 2! Which meant it didn't quite have the gravitas that I'm sure the production team were trying to convey!...

That's it trying to work out that last night cheers.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Most of the outside scenes were filmed in Clevedon, a severnside town near me as bout fifteen miles south of Bristol, caused a stir when they were filming.

Eh, it's filmed at West Bay in Dorset (near Bridport/Lyme Regis etc.). I know as a) we've been on holiday in that region quite frequently and b) we stayed in the same hotel as many of the actors last year - including when they all got drunk after last of the filming :D

That's not to say some other scenes were filmed elsewhere but it's based where I said above.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I found it pretty upsetting, can't really handle stuff with kids getting harmed and whilst the story wasn't the best I thought the mother of the victim played the part very well (and the female would-be DI too).

This - my youngest son is a similar age to the 'Danny' character so couldn't easily watch it without tears in my eyes!

I do like dramas like that though so will persevere to see them catch whoever dunnit.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Eh, it's filmed at West Bay in Dorset (near Bridport/Lyme Regis etc.). I know as a) we've been on holiday in that region quite frequently and b) we stayed in the same hotel as many of the actors last year - including when they all got drunk after last of the filming :D

That's not to say some other scenes were filmed elsewhere but it's based where I said above.

The other way round,... based up here in Bristol and North Somerset, but some scenes were done in Dorset.

http://www.clevedonpeople.co.uk/Clevedon-stars-Broadchurch-staring-Monday-ITV/story-18289177-detail/story.html

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I stand corrected. I was just going on the 1st episode and the police building is in West Bay as is the harbour/spit wall and at least one beach scene.

I assume the residential bits and high street are Clevedon as I don't recognise those...

I suppose it's all fictional at the end of he day anyway so filmed in both although "supposed" to be set/based in Dorset.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I thought the mother seeing her sons trainers sticking out of the body bag was pretty harrowing as were the scenes shooting the house of the boy who died ( the height lines on his doorframe..we can all identify that as parents,)the little notes on the family blackboard with things for Danny to remember...all tear jerkers for me. Tenant was very good as usual and overall the cast are doing a great job.

Definitely a tough watch but better than most dramas I've seen recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here