Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Revitalised Bridcutt Ready For Run-In

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
A refreshed Liam Bridcutt is eager to get back into action having completed his two-game ban.
The Albion midfielder served his suspension for amassing ten yellow cards, but now feels reinvigorated for the run-in.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There was a run of games where I was walking that tight-rope and always thinking about who we have got next, trying not to get that yellow card.
“But the ban probably came at the best time as I was carrying a few knocks and now it’s done I can get back into the swing of things. I am looking forward to getting back out there.*
“I had a couple of weeks to recover from all the games but I was obviously gutted I wasn’t involved because it is hard to sit in the stands and watch. You go through everything the team goes through so it’s frustrating, but I feel a lot better now and I’m ready to go again.”
The 23-year-old returns to the squad for tonight’s trip to Bristol City and with Albion sitting in the final play-off* place, Bridcutt believes the team can draw on last season’s experiences to secure a top-six finish.
“We have learnt from last season when we were in a similar position and things didn’t really go for us.
“We have more experience now and some key players in the squad; as long as we keep our heads and don’t get carried away with things we can do a lot better than we did last season.
“We were gutted that we let an opportunity to progress in our careers and lives slip through our fingers last year.
“But this season we have that little bit more hunger and fight about us, plus we are wiser heading into these next few games.”Palace tickets are available to supporters with a purchase history within the previous three seasons. Buy online, via the ticketline – 0844 327 1901 – or in person at both ticket offices.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here