Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser Zone on West Street

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Has anyone been to the new laser quest on West Street. Is it any good?

Ta in advance.

Surrey Jim

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Used to love the one in Worthing down the side of Blockbuster (?) years ago. WELL atmospheric. Had a burnt out shell of a car in the bottom bit and a smoke machine and sticky floors and everything.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Used to love the one in Worthing down the side of Blockbuster (?) years ago. WELL atmospheric. Had a burnt out shell of a car in the bottom bit and a smoke machine and sticky floors and everything.

Opposite the Assembly Hall? QUALITY place, I had many a birthday party down there.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The guns/scenery is all a bit child-like but get a lot of peeps together and hire the place out so it's just your private party in there (ie no screaming brats) and it's jolly good fun!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do these things not still suffer from cheats (breaking their sensor/covering it and then base camping)?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Got to be gutted at that. Surely for adults paintballing is more suitable?

I went indoor paintballing for a 21st last weekend. Turned up to find out our group of 13 would in mixed teams together with a stag do (all Yorkshire blokes in their 30's) and another group of boys on a birthday party, i'd say about 12 or 13 year olds. The look on the stag do's faces before we started was brilliant, they thought they were going to have a nice easy afternoon against some little kids. Needless to say, the team with mostly kids beat 'em 4-1 in 'games'. We were then told there would be a free for all, needless to say, the young lads absolutely destroyed everybody. I'm black and blue, and came off better than most of the stag do's bunch. Look on their faces was priceless.

Off to do laser zone for the first time in years in a fortnight, group of 30 or so. Think it'll be a laugh even at my age, and far less painful.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I went to laser zone when I was a kid, I remember running down a corridor and when I jumped over an obstacle the sensor pack came up and smacked me in the mouth, giving me a massive swollen and split lip and cracked a tooth. When I was standing there with watering eyes trying to feel the damage in the dark someone hit me in the back of the head with their gun splitting my head open.

Other than that it was very enjoyable.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is decent, pretty standard and doesn't seem to last very long. Also, it is very much aimed at midgets. They warn you about low levels and low ceilings, but when you're in full swing you can easily forget. My mate smacked his head quite badly and was lying writhing in agony on the floor. Admittedly, I still shot the bastard but it did seem a bit stern.

I thought it was a bit rubbish to be honest, but it's worth doing with a group of mates. Once.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Yes! Used to play the terminator music, love love loved it! We used to go at least once a week. I was the first of all my mates to proper snog a girl in that place. Memories...

Used to work there as a Marshall then promoted to assistant Manager happy days, good perk of the job was helping the ladies put the packs on!!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I went in December on a team build, there were about 10 of us (all male) aged from 29-48 and we had a good laugh.

We went on a Friday night and they put us together with a kids party, and the pleasure these kids got in shooting 'adults' was extremely funny. Word of warning, you WILL sweat buckets!

All in all, we had a good time!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
wasnt there one at the king alfred a while back? its pretty lame to be honest - paintballing is more adult.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here